Thread: Snoring Bunny

Default Snoring Bunny

Iím new to this forum but Iím hoping someone might be able to help me? My lop eared house bunny is nearly 4 years and last year she started snoring and making honking noises, recently she has even started to blow her cheeks out while breathing. She has been to the vets to check that she is OK and has X-rays done to try to see what is wrong with her. But everything is normal and they donít know why she does it. She is perfectly OK in herself running around the house and it doesnít get any worse when she has a run. Iím hoping that someone on this forum may of had a rabbit that did or does this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blubunny View Post
    Iím new to this forum but Iím hoping someone might be able to help me? My lop eared house bunny is nearly 4 years and last year she started snoring and making honking noises, recently she has even started to blow her cheeks out while breathing. She has been to the vets to check that she is OK and has X-rays done to try to see what is wrong with her. But everything is normal and they donít know why she does it. She is perfectly OK in herself running around the house and it doesnít get any worse when she has a run. Iím hoping that someone on this forum may of had a rabbit that did or does this.
    Hi, welcome

Is she spayed?

Hi Yes we had her sprayed when she was young. 🐾🐾🐇

Welcome to the forum Iíve not had any experience of this, bumping up for you.

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Thank you, I just wish someone had some information on why she does it, and that she is OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Blubunny View Post
    Thank you, I just wish someone had some information on why she does it, and that she is OK.

I’ve moved this to “health” for you, hopefully more people will see it.

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Warren Veteran

My French lop used to snore and snort. I adopted him when he was 2 so I donít know whether he had always done it or not. It didnít seem to cause him any bother. He died of unrelated causes 2 years later (cancer). The vet came to the conclusion that it was just his squidgy face and the funny shape of his airways that caused it.

Hope your bunny is ok.

My mini loop coco also snores and honks when she is asleep.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SJH View Post
    My French lop used to snore and snort. I adopted him when he was 2 so I donít know whether he had always done it or not. It didnít seem to cause him any bother. He died of unrelated causes 2 years later (cancer). The vet came to the conclusion that it was just his squidgy face and the funny shape of his airways that caused it.

Hope your bunny is ok.
    Thanks I think Iím think Iím more bothered than she is, itís just that the vet has no idea that worries me 🐾🐾

Thank you it helps knowing she isn’t the only one that does it ����