• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Enrichment for nommy bunnies

To keep him motivated & agile you could peg bits of forage, leaves etc to a line like DP does.
Good idea. I think Dillon has that. Hopefully they will come along as they always have fun actives

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Yes, or a general gut slowdown. Frosty eats cardboard too, so they can’t have it! I buy them lots of forage (usually from natures own) and they get lots of apple and willow sticks
Do we know if willow is safe for them just to consume like its food? Because Atticus eats a willow ball every few days..

Do we know if willow is safe for them just to consume like its food? Because Atticus eats a willow ball every few days..
See I'm wondering the same as Dennis would probably eat a whole one..OH bought him a giant one but I'm holding out!

See I'm wondering the same as Dennis would probably eat a whole..OH bought him a giant one

I don't think a willow ball daily is excessive in dietary terms/ They can consume willow like food cos it is food. It does contain Salicylic acid so I wouldn't free feed (but much more than willow balls worth)

I think it’s ok for healthy bunnies, I’ve read something on here about willow and meds or heart conditions before I think but I can’t find the thread now :roll: Frosty and Fern don’t usually eat it all, they tend to nibble the bark from it.

To keep him motivated & agile you could peg bits of forage, leaves etc to a line like DP does.
I was about to suggest this: the joys of 'caged' bunnies is we can use their run to provide enrichment by hanging stuff off the top of it :D Here's a video of them eating carrot strips: https://www.facebook.com/keletkezes/videos/vb.199711564/10102245577747988/?type=3 And a bonus one of Lopsy with a cardboard tube (a proper thick one, not a looroll): https://www.facebook.com/keletkezes/videos/vb.199711564/10101316823883178/?type=3. We can't give them tubes anymore because Aboleth gets all humpy as she thinks she's not getting her own way :( I did get some thick PVC piping (the sort used for plumbing applications) that I cut down for Winter outdoor tube use, but never used it after Aboleth got all territorial :(

I think it’s ok for healthy bunnies, I’ve read something on here about willow and meds or heart conditions before I think but I can’t find the thread now :roll: Frosty and Fern don’t usually eat it all, they tend to nibble the bark from it.
I'm forever telling the OH to watch it with fresh willow, but we've never had any issues and AFAIK both are generally healthy :) Balls can last anything from a day to a couple of weeks depending on how mine are feeling!

I was about to suggest this: the joys of 'caged' bunnies is we can use their run to provide enrichment by hanging stuff off the top of it :D Here's a video of them eating carrot strips: https://www.facebook.com/keletkezes/videos/vb.199711564/10102245577747988/?type=3 And a bonus one of Lopsy with a cardboard tube (a proper thick one, not a looroll): https://www.facebook.com/keletkezes/videos/vb.199711564/10101316823883178/?type=3. We can't give them tubes anymore because Aboleth gets all humpy as she thinks she's not getting her own way :( I did get some thick PVC piping (the sort used for plumbing applications) that I cut down for Winter outdoor tube use, but never used it after Aboleth got all territorial :(

I'm forever telling the OH to watch it with fresh willow, but we've never had any issues and AFAIK both are generally healthy :) Balls can last anything from a day to a couple of weeks depending on how mine are feeling!

those vids are brilliant. so funny :)

looks like a really great housing set-up too.

those vids are brilliant. so funny :)

looks like a really great housing set-up too.
Thanks :) The Lopsy-only one was when he just had the little hutch and run, now they have the playhouse and dog crate as well :) One day they might :)roll:) have a permanent run on the grass but for now it's just an open pen. Matt decided they could have pretty much the whole concrete area after I bought a load of tubes home (from roadworks) and he spent a couple of hours putting everything together :D

Back