• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Not looking good

lucy24

Mama Doe
Honeys teeth seem to be getting worse. The metacam is longer helping the last 3-4 days. Both eyes have got sore and swollen. Like their being pushed up by the roots. She's even making a snorting noise when asleep now. I fear that the pressure on her nasal/eye area is getting too much :( back to vets but not optimistic

Honeys teeth seem to be getting worse. The metacam is longer helping the last 3-4 days. Both eyes have got sore and swollen. Like their being pushed up by the roots. She's even making a snorting noise when asleep now. I fear that the pressure on her nasal/eye area is getting too much :( back to vets but not optimistic

Poor Honey :cry: I hope the Vet may be able to suggest something that could help xx

I'm so sorry to hear this Lucy

Please let me know if there's anything I can do, if only to support you x

Well, she's still with us. I didn't really get told anything new. My vet isn't in till next week so they said he will call me.

Kind of feel they're scared to do anything wrong and therefore holding back for rabbit vet. Which is good but I feel like it was a pointless visit...

Well, she's still with us. I didn't really get told anything new. My vet isn't in till next week so they said he will call me.

Kind of feel they're scared to do anything wrong and therefore holding back for rabbit vet. Which is good but I feel like it was a pointless visit...

That's a shame but better they wait I guess if they feel they don't have the expertise. Nose bumps for Honey. I hope next week is more productive xx

That must make you feel even more anxious. What meds is Honey on now ? I do hope that she can remain as comfortable as possible until your usual Vet gets in touch xx

Oh dear I'm sorry about that.

Is she on any pain relief at the moment?

Yes she's on metacam and apparently doesn't seem to be in any pain. She also has isothal drops in the meantime to keep her eyes lubricated as both tear ducts are now being pushed up. She's eating and pooing. And has actually put on weight which is a plus.

Yes she's on metacam and apparently doesn't seem to be in any pain. She also has isothal drops in the meantime to keep her eyes lubricated as both tear ducts are now being pushed up. She's eating and pooing. And has actually put on weight which is a plus.

Yes, that is a good sign given her problems x

that at least is good news.
best wishes Honey xxx

That's reassuring to hear, at least

Back