Thread: Ronnie and Mary.

Default Ronnie and Mary.

An end of an era today for me, I had my last two rabbits Ronnie and Mary put to sleep. They both got ill with different things and had slowly deteriorated over the last few weeks despite the best efforts of my vet. So I took the sad decision to help them over the bridge. This evening felt strange going in the shed to no rabbits as it has housed 5 of them over the last 17 years. I cleaned their hutch out and disinfected it before making both hutches into one big one for the guinea pigs, who coincidentally, couldn't believe how much space they had and ran round like pigs possessed!

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
    An end of an era today for me, I had my last two rabbits Ronnie and Mary put to sleep. They both got ill with different things and had slowly deteriorated over the last few weeks despite the best efforts of my vet. So I took the sad decision to help them over the bridge. This evening felt strange going in the shed to no rabbits as it has housed 5 of them over the last 17 years. I cleaned their hutch out and disinfected it before making both hutches into one big one for the guinea pigs, who coincidentally, couldn't believe how much space they had and ran round like pigs possessed!
    So sorry that your return to RU is to report sad news

RIP Ronnie & Mary xx

Links to information about various health problems that can affect Rabbits :
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems
    NB- If you think your Rabbit is unwell it is essential to seek immediate veterinary attention.

The RWAF Owner Conference 2019 ~ https://shop.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/pro...clinical-2019/

Wise Old Thumper

I am so very sorry
    " We will remain friends until the end of days, and one day longer"......Donald Tusk

“We cannot go back and change the beginning. But we can start where we are and change the ending”.........C.S. Lewis

I’m so sorry binky free Ronnie and Mary xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post

I am so sorry to hear this

Cheers guys, Mary had a massive tumour on her face which started off as an abscess which we treated, she started losing weight, so I had her teeth checked, they were fine, we suspected it was something more sinister - it was, the vet felt a massive tumour in her stomach once she was asleep. Ronnie had lost the use of his back legs and was soiling himself. I came in from work on Tuesday night, he was absolutely coated in his own pee and poo. It was too late to do anything, I made him comfortable and rang my vet first thing yesterday morning to make the necessary arrangements, it was the best thing for them.

Alpha Buck

I’m am sorry to hear this.

Binky free Mary and friend xx

I am sorry for your loss of Mary and Ronnie. Losing a beloved pet can be quite traumatic, even when you know you did what was best for them.
    Sending you and the piggies some gentle hugs.

So sorry to read this
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.