• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ronnie and Mary.

BossHogg

Alpha Buck
An end of an era today for me, I had my last two rabbits Ronnie and Mary put to sleep. They both got ill with different things and had slowly deteriorated over the last few weeks despite the best efforts of my vet. So I took the sad decision to help them over the bridge. This evening felt strange going in the shed to no rabbits as it has housed 5 of them over the last 17 years. I cleaned their hutch out and disinfected it before making both hutches into one big one for the guinea pigs, who coincidentally, couldn't believe how much space they had and ran round like pigs possessed!

An end of an era today for me, I had my last two rabbits Ronnie and Mary put to sleep. They both got ill with different things and had slowly deteriorated over the last few weeks despite the best efforts of my vet. So I took the sad decision to help them over the bridge. This evening felt strange going in the shed to no rabbits as it has housed 5 of them over the last 17 years. I cleaned their hutch out and disinfected it before making both hutches into one big one for the guinea pigs, who coincidentally, couldn't believe how much space they had and ran round like pigs possessed!

So sorry that your return to RU is to report sad news :cry:

RIP Ronnie & Mary xx

I am so sorry to hear this :cry:

Cheers guys, Mary had a massive tumour on her face which started off as an abscess which we treated, she started losing weight, so I had her teeth checked, they were fine, we suspected it was something more sinister - it was, the vet felt a massive tumour in her stomach once she was asleep. Ronnie had lost the use of his back legs and was soiling himself. I came in from work on Tuesday night, he was absolutely coated in his own pee and poo. It was too late to do anything, I made him comfortable and rang my vet first thing yesterday morning to make the necessary arrangements, it was the best thing for them. :(

I am sorry for your loss of Mary and Ronnie. Losing a beloved pet can be quite traumatic, even when you know you did what was best for them.
Sending you and the piggies some gentle hugs.

Back