• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/D Vibes for Henry please -New 6th FebU/D after vet

Well.....where to start this morning. It's saturday. 3, almost 4 weeks after this whole frustrating incident with Henry began. I've just come downstairs to have breakfast and let the buns out for an hour into the living room. Lillian has a nose rub and then this brown blur zooms behind the buns sleeping area and flashes past me. This zoomy tigger then speeds off in the direction of the hallway door which is his route into the living room (Lillian takes the short cut through the big double patio doors).
Henry goes into the living room and I'm able to make a proper observation of his stance. It is evidently clear that he is no longer holding the paw up and bent. It IS planted firmly down. And whilst I'm still struggling to comprehend if I am really seeing this, he's off - and when I say off, I mean full flight 100mph zoomies. There's high jumping binkies, mid air twists and complete speed up and down the living room. Lillian joins him - watching his mid air binkey so she tries to copy him. What a sight. Henry leaps over Lillian as she sits in front of me here, wondering what the hell is happening, and henry is just flying round the living room.
His paw shape is much more positive, it pairs up with his good paw and his behaviour this morning is just about as contrasting as you could possibly imagine from 4 weeks ago.
The hard bit for me is that Henry wants to 'fly' and obviously run outside but that's strictly out of bounds - and that will frustrate him. I need this phase of recovery to continue upwards and forwards and as difficult as that is going to be for Henry, that will mean no outside. Clearly something has changed - and certainly appears to hav accelerated in the last few days. Be that a natural healing progress or one that has been supported by the medication and the huge support he has received from your all who have followed.
I'll update again tomorrow and see if I can get my video camera ready tomorrow morning and post the madness of this bunny who is still, even now, tearing round the floor.
Craig xx

This is great news :thumb: you describe it all so well :thumb: I hope he continues to do well :thumb:

Well.....where to start this morning. It's saturday. 3, almost 4 weeks after this whole frustrating incident with Henry began. I've just come downstairs to have breakfast and let the buns out for an hour into the living room. Lillian has a nose rub and then this brown blur zooms behind the buns sleeping area and flashes past me. This zoomy tigger then speeds off in the direction of the hallway door which is his route into the living room (Lillian takes the short cut through the big double patio doors).
Henry goes into the living room and I'm able to make a proper observation of his stance. It is evidently clear that he is no longer holding the paw up and bent. It IS planted firmly down. And whilst I'm still struggling to comprehend if I am really seeing this, he's off - and when I say off, I mean full flight 100mph zoomies. There's high jumping binkies, mid air twists and complete speed up and down the living room. Lillian joins him - watching his mid air binkey so she tries to copy him. What a sight. Henry leaps over Lillian as she sits in front of me here, wondering what the hell is happening, and henry is just flying round the living room.
His paw shape is much more positive, it pairs up with his good paw and his behaviour this morning is just about as contrasting as you could possibly imagine from 4 weeks ago.
The hard bit for me is that Henry wants to 'fly' and obviously run outside but that's strictly out of bounds - and that will frustrate him. I need this phase of recovery to continue upwards and forwards and as difficult as that is going to be for Henry, that will mean no outside. Clearly something has changed - and certainly appears to hav accelerated in the last few days. Be that a natural healing progress or one that has been supported by the medication and the huge support he has received from your all who have followed.
I'll update again tomorrow and see if I can get my video camera ready tomorrow morning and post the madness of this bunny who is still, even now, tearing round the floor.
Craig xx

I smiled as I read this, what good news.

Wonderful news, I loved your description too, I could just see what you saw. I hope he isn’t too frustrated by his restricted territory, but it sounds as though he’s well on the road to recovery now. I hope your lurgy is improving too x

Craig xx

What a fantastic update Craig. Lovely to hear :D

Present situation with Henry. Well, for starters, his once poorly eye (tear duct) is completely transformed. The fur round the eye is dry and super floofy. No discharge or weeping. As horrific as that night was for me when I extracated the ooze, and my flapping about it, the penicillan has certainly done the trick big time. I shall keep a vigilant eye on it (no pun intended).
His general progress contnues to be staggering. From the weeks of limping and holding the paw up and generally giving me stress overload, since Saturday he has continued to improve day on day. The paw is firmly now on the ground. He sits with it down and is happy to weight bear on it - as far as I can see. The most noticable thing is his general demeanour. Henry is a completely different rabbit than he has been. Which I guess is obvious given how he must have been feeling. And I am beating myself up over how bad he must have been and for me not to have acted sooner.
Anyway, he is zooming round the living room - as much as he is allowed. He is desperate to get up the stairs and I'm not letting him. He is bright, he is periscoping constantly, and just looking for fun. It's how he should be. He looks healthy. We've got the daily meds sort of sorted with a bunny burrito but he's not keen on that now - until he gets his post med cranberries.
Anyone remember those pressy down pocket money toys you got as as kid? The frog or the bird that was on a spring and a sucker and you pressed it down for a minute and then it would suddenly pop up? That was Henry 5 minutes ago. He's persicoping at the cupboard under the stairs, then goes onto all fours, then spins round 180 degrees and just vertically leaps up about 2 feet before taking flight. Crazy.
It's hard keeping him inside when he pines to go out, but it's important that he rests as much as possible - as frustrating as that is for him. We go back to the vet at the end of the month and all being well, I am hoping the vet sees a different rabbit and is happy to discharge him.
Thank you all again for following - I will keep you all posted.
Craig x

Oh Craig, I've just caught up with your updates, this is brilliant news ! Your relief and happiness is just jumping from the screen :) whatever the paw problem was, it certainly seems that Henry has got over it, bless him. Would love to see him whizzing round, he sounds such a character xx

Well done Henry I am so happy for you. What a relief for you all. Cranberries all round

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Just caught up with Henry's thread.

I'm so pleased that he seems well on the way to a full recovery.

Your next challenge is to get a video of those binkies and zoomies - something I've never managed to do!

Present situation with Henry. Well, for starters, his once poorly eye (tear duct) is completely transformed. The fur round the eye is dry and super floofy. No discharge or weeping. As horrific as that night was for me when I extracated the ooze, and my flapping about it, the penicillan has certainly done the trick big time. I shall keep a vigilant eye on it (no pun intended).
His general progress contnues to be staggering. From the weeks of limping and holding the paw up and generally giving me stress overload, since Saturday he has continued to improve day on day. The paw is firmly now on the ground. He sits with it down and is happy to weight bear on it - as far as I can see. The most noticable thing is his general demeanour. Henry is a completely different rabbit than he has been. Which I guess is obvious given how he must have been feeling. And I am beating myself up over how bad he must have been and for me not to have acted sooner.
Anyway, he is zooming round the living room - as much as he is allowed. He is desperate to get up the stairs and I'm not letting him. He is bright, he is periscoping constantly, and just looking for fun. It's how he should be. He looks healthy. We've got the daily meds sort of sorted with a bunny burrito but he's not keen on that now - until he gets his post med cranberries.
Anyone remember those pressy down pocket money toys you got as as kid? The frog or the bird that was on a spring and a sucker and you pressed it down for a minute and then it would suddenly pop up? That was Henry 5 minutes ago. He's persicoping at the cupboard under the stairs, then goes onto all fours, then spins round 180 degrees and just vertically leaps up about 2 feet before taking flight. Crazy.
It's hard keeping him inside when he pines to go out, but it's important that he rests as much as possible - as frustrating as that is for him. We go back to the vet at the end of the month and all being well, I am hoping the vet sees a different rabbit and is happy to discharge him.
Thank you all again for following - I will keep you all posted.
Craig x

Really, really good to hear this news Craig :)

You have taken great care of Henry and it's paying off now :)

Back