• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/D Vibes for Henry please -New 6th FebU/D after vet

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
We'd welcome some spare vibes for nethie Henry as he has developed a sore front paw. He's not himself and isn't being his active self. He appears to have some sort of discomfort with his front left foot/paw.
We're taking him to our vets tonight at 6:30 to see if they have any diagnosis. I'm not inclined to think there's a break - I would think he wouldn't weight bear at all if it was. If he has injured it I've no idea how or where. Obviously I'm worrying myself sick as I can't do anything to help til I get to the vets but if anyone can spare some vibes we'd really appreciate it and I'll update tonight after seeing the vet.

Last edited:
We'd welcome some spare vibes for nethie Henry as he has developed a sore front paw. He's not himself and isn't being his active self. He appears to have some sort of discomfort with his front left foot/paw.
We're taking him to our vets tonight at 6:30 to see if they have any diagnosis. I'm not inclined to think there's a break - I would think he wouldn't weight bear at all if it was. If he has injured it I've no idea how or where. Obviously I'm worrying myself sick as I can't do anything to help til I get to the vets but if anyone can spare some vibes we'd really appreciate it and I'll update tonight after seeing the vet.
Poor Henry :( all the vibes in the world for you and him, hugs xx

Sorry to hear this Craig.

Are all his nail intact?

Good luck for this evening

Thank you both and thanks on the advice re nails. I hadn't thought of that. Is that treatable?
Yea, Clementine lost a nail once, it grew back, or there could be something in the paw? Vet will hopefully be able to work out what's wrong :)

Thank you both and thanks on the advice re nails. I hadn't thought of that. Is that treatable?

The vet can check whether there's any nail hanging off and deal with it for you. Sometimes a nail pulls right off.

I found a considerable amount of blood on a rug a while ago and wasn't sure which rabbit it had come from (I checked all the nails) so they all went to the vet and a second opinion found the cause of the problem. A broken nail.

A nail will grow back, if that's the issue :)

Thank you everyone. You are helping so much to put my mind at rest. I get quite flappy and upset when these things happen and am trying to tell myself it's not a broken bone cause I just can't see how he could have done that. The nail seems the most viable diagnosis as he doesn't present as lame but at the same time isn't himself and not zooming but is walking round. I hope it's the claw then- he could easily catch it on a carpet.
Thanks again and I'll update you all tonight
Craig

Aww poor Henry :( Sending loads of vibes and I hope that the vet can find a simple explanation this evening.

Was it Henry who had a bit of a mishap when having his RHD2 Vaccination in that the Vet 'hit a nerve' ? Cant remember how long ago that was, but if the Vet cannot find any more obvious cause of his leg discomfort today I'd flag up the 'hit nerve' issue to him/her.

Sending lots of vibes x

Thank you everyone. You are helping so much to put my mind at rest. I get quite flappy and upset when these things happen and am trying to tell myself it's not a broken bone cause I just can't see how he could have done that. The nail seems the most viable diagnosis as he doesn't present as lame but at the same time isn't himself and not zooming but is walking round. I hope it's the claw then- he could easily catch it on a carpet.
Thanks again and I'll update you all tonight
Craig

Really hope it's nothing serious

Was it Henry who had a bit of a mishap when having his RHD2 Vaccination in that the Vet 'hit a nerve' ? Cant remember how long ago that was, but if the Vet cannot find any more obvious cause of his leg discomfort today I'd flag up the 'hit nerve' issue to him/her.

Sending lots of vibes x

Thank you Jane - yes it was you are absolutely right. I will mention that cause he really hasn't been himself since then.
Thank you everybun for all your support- very much appreciated.

sending positive vibes for you x

Luna had/has a broken toe. shes on metacam so we never noticed it and it healed wonky. she just looks like she's flipping off the world as its her middle one :lol:

she has also run into a wall and ripped her claw off, probably a handful of times :oops: treatment was to clean the wound, antibiotics and some pain relief. always grew back, never any issues. one of the claws turned black though, but its still healthy.

I hope its something small such as a nail or ouchie toe, over something serious.

Back