• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Magic Manuka??

Den

Mama Doe
Nancy tonight after meds and eye drops. Her fur has grown back thickly where her abscess wound was but is still sparse elsewhere. This was where the Manuka honey was applied.
91f2fcff8ef5c800fd8326d1cadaf930.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Nancy tonight after meds and eye drops. Her fur has grown back thickly where her abscess wound was but is still sparse elsewhere. This was where the Manuka honey was applied.
91f2fcff8ef5c800fd8326d1cadaf930.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

That stuff is great :D

What potency have you been using for her?

How interesting, I don't know much about this, is it something your vet recommended or something you're already clued up on? My boy has a tiny sore on his hock that gets no worse but no better, I'm just wondering if this might help?

How interesting, I don't know much about this, is it something your vet recommended or something you're already clued up on? My boy has a tiny sore on his hock that gets no worse but no better, I'm just wondering if this might help?

I began to use it on intractable rabbit abscesses around 20 years ago as I read it had worked on leg ulcers that were slow/difficult to heal.
I found it helped, and I usually try and get a high 'medical' grade when I use it.

It's since been adopted by lots of vets for rabbit abscesses and works very well.

https://www.dermnetnz.org/topics/honey/

You still need to use systemic antibiotics for these problems in rabbits, but the honey certainly helps :)

I began to use it on intractable rabbit abscesses around 20 years ago as I read it had worked on leg ulcers that were slow/difficult to heal.
I found it helped, and I usually try and get a high 'medical' grade when I use it.

It's since been adopted by lots of vets for rabbit abscesses and works very well.

https://www.dermnetnz.org/topics/honey/

You still need to use systemic antibiotics for these problems in rabbits, but the honey certainly helps :)
That's so interesting, thank you!

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

This was recommended by my vet.

I was vaguely aware of the healing properties of Manuka Honey but it would not have occurred to me to use it on Nancy.

OH suggested he try it on his head to see if his hair grows back.:lol:

MM - Sorry I do not know the potency- there is nothing obvious on the tube. I got it from the vets.

This was recommended by my vet.

I was vaguely aware of the healing properties of Manuka Honey but it would not have occurred to me to use it on Nancy.

OH suggested he try it on his head to see if his hair grows back.:lol:

MM - Sorry I do not know the potency- there is nothing obvious on the tube. I got it from the vets.

:shock:

I guess he'll wake up with a pillow case stuck to his head then? :)

Resurrecting this thread.

We’re going thorough fur loss on the neck of one of my buns, have been to the vets... would this be suitable, and is the other rabbit likely to lick it off?!

Resurrecting this thread.

We’re going thorough fur loss on the neck of one of my buns, have been to the vets... would this be suitable, and is the other rabbit likely to lick it off?!

Sorry, I have no idea if it actually was the Manuka honey which aided the fur regrowth or if it was co-incidental. Nancy was prescribed it by her Vet as she had an open wound so l suggest speaking to your vet about the fur loss - if you haven't already done so.

Her partner Will didn't lick it.

Back