Thread: Buns spooked by taking down decorations?

Mama Doe

Default Buns spooked by taking down decorations?

I have been taking down my decorations over the last few days and it has been the only thing to change. Although I have done it slowly yesterday was the biggest change with ceeling decorations and tree coming down ( flat looks like Santaís grotto when all up) Now they wonít leave there hutch ( which is in the living room) except for noms and are extreamilly jumpy but only lasts a minute or two then they go back to the hutch and just sit in the litter tray together which isnít normal.
    They are eating the hay and still pooping. Iím just worried as we had made such good progress bonding with them

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa1981 View Post
    I have been taking down my decorations over the last few days and it has been the only thing to change. Although I have done it slowly yesterday was the biggest change with ceeling decorations and tree coming down ( flat looks like Santaís grotto when all up) Now they wonít leave there hutch ( which is in the living room) except for noms and are extreamilly jumpy but only lasts a minute or two then they go back to the hutch and just sit in the litter tray together which isnít normal.
    They are eating the hay and still pooping. Iím just worried as we had made such good progress bonding with them
    My guess is that it's not so much that the flat looks different now to when the decorations and tree were up, but it was the process of taking them down which has spooked them a bit. They are now staying where they feel safe and not threatened.

I really wouldn't be concerned if eating and pooping are OK. I would just give them a day or so and I think you'll find they will be back how they were.

My Tui has been here a year and yet she still gets very spooked if I appear carrying a bag, large or small, and rushes into the safety of the shed.
    ďTo a bee a flower is the fountain of life, and to the flower the bee is a messenger of love.Ē.......Kahlil Gibran

i agree with Omi. Spot on imho.

unusual hoomoid behaviour has spooked them. just act normal like nothing is going on. ignore them even.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

if you're reading this it's too late

Mama Doe

Thanks for the reassurance. Iím glad itís not hopfully going to be to much for them.
    They spooked which sort of spooked me.
    Iíve just seen a short exploration into the hall which is improvement but then the pellets may have won out.
    Will try and ignor them but itís going to be so difficult lol

Wise Old Thumper

Just imagine how large your Christmas tree would have appeared to your two little ones. All the time since they arrived it has posed no threat, but suddenly it started to....... move

I'm sure they'll be fine
    ďTo a bee a flower is the fountain of life, and to the flower the bee is a messenger of love.Ē.......Kahlil Gibran

Mama Doe

Thatís the equivalent of a 200 year old oak yo yo or me. Iíd be scared to.
    Next year Iím covering the hutch n putting up a curtain at the door just so they canít see lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa1981 View Post
    Thanks for the reassurance. Iím glad itís not hopfully going to be to much for them.
    They spooked which sort of spooked me.
    Iíve just seen a short exploration into the hall which is improvement but then the pellets may have won out.
    Will try and ignor them but itís going to be so difficult lol

Pellets often win out at the end of the day!

How are they now - have they forgiven you for changing the scenery?

Mama Doe

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Pellets often win out at the end of the day!

How are they now - have they forgiven you for changing the scenery?
    The pellets I think did the trick after about two hrs of them going to the end of the tunnel to run back to the hutch again befor going all the way to the bowl.

I donít think Iv quiet been forgiven. Both still a bit jumpy and no 11pm befor bed time zoomies or binkys but they are exploring the hallway again and getting through enough hay that I think they might burst so weíre almost there.
    Will just have to wait till tomorow for my nightly grooming

Theyíre worried theyíll end up in a box in the loft . Glad theyíre coming round with a bit of bribery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mama Doe

They are lucky that the loft hatch is bolted down and Iím not allowed to use it lol