• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Becky Piper (vet)

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
I notice she has moved to Crab Lane vets. I'm encouraged she has 2 of her own & has a bunny in her clinic photo. Trained at Royal D!ck. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of her?

TIA

I notice she has moved to Crab Lane vets. I'm encouraged she has 2 of her own & has a bunny in her clinic photo. Trained at Royal D!ck. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of her?

TIA

I know nothing about her, but from what is written about her, I would say she looks very promising. My favourite vet nurse at my vets was trained at the Royal D!ck :)

TIA

Just looked up Crab Lane website to see this:

Becky started working at Crab Lane in December 2019.

Now that IS clever ;)

I know nothing about her, but from what is written about her, I would say she looks very promising. My favourite vet nurse at my vets was trained at the Royal D!ck :)

Yes I'm encouraged about the little I've read but greedy & want more info

I have no personal experience of her but also picking up a good vibe.

Did you get my email of 6 December re changes at CLV? Did you know Bishopton are now doing OOH... H goes on maternity leave in just over a week's time, nigh impossible now to get an appointment with her.

Last edited:
Glad you are about today as I know you're very up to speed re all the changes at CLV :love:

And I still keep wanting to call her 'Billie Piper'.................... !

Last edited:
JJ please behave yourself as I can't risk calling her Billie if she takes on my bunnies :lol:

Fab, I'm glad you've seen this BB & so pleased you've a similar vibe. Is she FT do you know? If so she might be my preference over mon-tues Ruth.
I will have got your email but everything was whirlwind oct-dec - I shall revisit it. Thanks. I can't ever mentally digest info re: OOHs vets though, complete mental block. Almost not worth thinking about though as it changes so much. I tend to quiz these guys one day https://www.vets-now.com/services/hospitals/pet-emergency-hospital-manchester/ (& advise them to put RHVD2 on website)

I thought Heather was off in a couple of months !!!

Last edited:
JJ please behave yourself as I can't risk calling her Billie if she takes on my bunnies :lol:

:oops:

9wqlluT.jpg

J&B - so far as I know Becky Piper is full time but also Ruth is doing more days now, She has been doing Thursdays since Heather was off for 5 weeks, I *think* it's permanent extra time, short days but consultation days.

J&B - so far as I know Becky Piper is full time but also Ruth is doing more days now, She has been doing Thursdays since Heather was off for 5 weeks, I *think* it's permanent extra time, short days but consultation days.

Cool, thank you. It was reception who told me mon & tues. I still think proper full time would be preferable

Late to this thread but I’ve known Becky for years. She’s treated many of my rabbits at her previous practice and it was lovely to see her at Crab Lane the other week.
Feel free to ask me anything!

Late to this thread but I’ve known Becky for years. She’s treated many of my rabbits at her previous practice and it was lovely to see her at Crab Lane the other week.
Feel free to ask me anything!

Brilliant news. Good to see first hand account.

Cool, thank you. It was reception who told me mon & tues. I still think proper full time would be preferable

I was wrong about the Thursday. it was a temporary arrangement whilst Heather took 5 weeks off and they didn't have the staffing levels they have now. So it's Monday - Consultations; Tuesday - Surgery. I forgot to ask what days Becky works, damn it. Full time probably equates to 4 days as they have the weekend rota to take into account.

I know they have a fourth vet starting when H goes on maternity leave but not sure if f/t permanent etc but I got that impression.. again someone experienced. They've found it easier to recruit now that the OOH rota isn't part of the deal. Catch 22.

She is very nice, patient and most importantly she listens.
She was saying how amazing the facilities and equipment is at Crab Lane for treating rabbits, which she hasn’t had at her previous practices. I think now she has the knowledge and facilities of Crab Lane behind her she will make a great rabbit vet.
It’s my boy she’s cuddling in her picture. She’d just nicked his plums and sorted his incisors!

Back