• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fitch!

:shock:

had to put my glasses on to make sure I was seeing that right!!

thats gone up in price hasn't it..?

It's all 4kg bags.. And to get about 20kg costs 41£ now :O used to be £17...

faints

I hadn't seen that..I saw the 20kg (thats out of stock) on their site, and it said £28. I thought it was £25 but I don't buy it, so maybe I'm wrong.

but £15 for 4kg on ebay..
£6.55 on amazon for 1kg...
and £41 for 20kg..

I need to lay down :lol:

faints

I hadn't seen that..I saw the 20kg (thats out of stock) on their site, and it said £28. I thought it was £25 but I don't buy it, so maybe I'm wrong.

but £15 for 4kg on ebay..
£6.55 on amazon for 1kg...
and £41 for 20kg..

I need to lay down [emoji38]
It's so mad!

I loved using Fitch but it's getting a bit ridiculous! The 20kg was £21 for a while which was ok but then suddenly got bumped up to £28. It's been going in and out of stock for a long time so I reckon their just using that to push the sales of the smaller bags instead even though they cost way more for the same amount. Maybe good for business but rubbish for everyone else!

Is that any good though for bunssss? D: I'll have a look thank you x

Not sure cardboard will work for odour control... [emoji849][emoji38]

yeah idk most people are using it for gerbils. I guess I was just throwing it out there for hamster bedding and for other small fluffies in case somebody needed something :) its good for tunnels apparently.

I don't buy fitch and for the buns I use wood pellet cat litter for their trays and thats it. its been the best for odour for me and cheapest. although I heard that its in short supply too :? idk what is happening!!

a lot of people for the gerbils recommend hemp bedding.. idk if its ok for buns but you can get it from horse supply stores for less usually. zooplus has some too. I have no idea on its ability for absorbing or odour control. a lot of gerbil owners mix it in with hay to help strengthen tunnels :)
https://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hay_and_bedding/hemp_bedding_small_pets

you'd probs be best looking elsewhere though or bulk from some equine supply stores.. thats what most people use it for and seems to be cheapest there? idk.

but I know you're sensitive to smells so idk if hemp smells or something :(

I loved using Fitch but it's getting a bit ridiculous! The 20kg was £21 for a while which was ok but then suddenly got bumped up to £28. It's been going in and out of stock for a long time so I reckon their just using that to push the sales of the smaller bags instead even though they cost way more for the same amount. Maybe good for business but rubbish for everyone else!

you're probably right tbh :? although I feel like its gotta be harming them more than anything else? like I know a lot of people are going elsewhere and not going back. idk though I'm not a business guy :lol:

yeah idk most people are using it for gerbils. I guess I was just throwing it out there for hamster bedding and for other small fluffies in case somebody needed something :) its good for tunnels apparently.

I don't buy fitch and for the buns I use wood pellet cat litter for their trays and thats it. its been the best for odour for me and cheapest. although I heard that its in short supply too :? idk what is happening!!

a lot of people for the gerbils recommend hemp bedding.. idk if its ok for buns but you can get it from horse supply stores for less usually. zooplus has some too. I have no idea on its ability for absorbing or odour control. a lot of gerbil owners mix it in with hay to help strengthen tunnels :)
https://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hay_and_bedding/hemp_bedding_small_pets

you'd probs be best looking elsewhere though or bulk from some equine supply stores.. thats what most people use it for and seems to be cheapest there? idk.

but I know you're sensitive to smells so idk if hemp smells or something :(
Yea for Gus we use cardboard because of his long fur, muma hammie has fitch and inside buns have fitch under hay, then back 2 nature in their litter tray.. [emoji38] Outside buns just have back 2 nature in litter tray and hay.

I can't deal with Megazorb the smell is terrible to me [emoji38] and I'm allergic to hemp I tried two different hemp beddings for horses... Not good for me [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

What a nightmare D:

Honestly it's not even the money, its principle now, he's doubled the price and the amount of plastic it's sent in. I'm not impressed [emoji38]

you're probably right tbh :? although I feel like its gotta be harming them more than anything else? like I know a lot of people are going elsewhere and not going back. idk though I'm not a business guy :lol:

Yeah I feel like they're shooting themselves in the foot tbh! It's been the best thing we've used for our buns but we've definitely been put off it now, we've moved on to wood cat litter instead.

I think the company was taken over not too long ago, when the price hike/stock problems started? I'm sure someone on here mentioned that anyway.

Didn't realise it went up again!

I've been buying back to nature as I wasn't paying £28 for a 20kg bag. Back2nature is reasonable and seems to work well with the girls.

However I will just buy whatever is cheapest when I see it as I've no other pets to buy bedding for now.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back