• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Dennis worries

Glad Archie is passing all the fleece and hopfully you will have no troubles.

Archie fleece isn’t for eating hay and veggies taste much much better.

I hope that Dennis is behaving normally this morning. Also sending lots of calming thoughts for your journey to John today.

Lovely pile of nuggets for me. Golden too. I'm wondering if this continues if I can get out of seeing John tonight

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I think if it makes you feel reassured by the consultation, then I would go. However, it has to be said that after I was aware of the Tui/lino incident, it didn't occur to me to go to the vets, nor did I telephone them. If she had shown the slightest adverse symptoms, then obviously it would have been different. I imagine John would examine Dennis' tummy and possibly give some gut meds. I think you you to decide this one based on what you feel about the two options. Maybe also give them a ring around mid-dayish, but I think they might say to bring Dennis in if you are worried.

I think if it makes you feel reassured by the consultation, then I would go. However, it has to be said that after I was aware of the Tui/lino incident, it didn't occur to me to go to the vets, nor did I telephone them. If she had shown the slightest adverse symptoms, then obviously it would have been different. I imagine John would examine Dennis' tummy and possibly give some gut meds. I think you you to decide this one based on what you feel about the two options. Maybe also give them a ring around mid-dayish, but I think they might say to bring Dennis in if you are worried.
He wanted to see us at 6PM today so I'm quessing it's not considered urgent. He probably trusts that if there was a problem I'd just admit Dennis as I always do. I'm thinking it's prehaps denny Is due his mite injections tomorrow but was hoping I could take him to the closer practice. I only got to speak to one of the nurses

So pleased to hear that you are pooping like a good'n Dennnis, Treacle says don't do it again doesn't tastes nice, (she should know, one of her fleeces looks like it's riddled with bullet holes :shock:) x

Ok so I just booked an appointment at the closer practice for Friday morning but obviously any problems I'll bring Dennis straight in. I'm so lucky to have a savvy vets with a OOH service. I really don't like taking them an hour away for routine stuff if it can be avoided

The fleece bandit and his Syrupy sidekick
b9dcab59f41d10e10551b52fadb88160.jpg
555f102612722071019480f972a356d9.jpg

The face of innocence. He's gorgeous & therefore has a free pass for naughty stuff. I perhaps blame Syrupy - has she been cookie sharing?

I agree its your call but since the fleece has emerged I'd personally cancel

The face of innocence. He's gorgeous & therefore has a free pass for naughty stuff. I perhaps blame Syrupy - has she been cookie sharing?

I agree its your call but since the fleece has emerged I'd personally cancel
Only for five seconds. Grrr!
69b0c289a6f845a2ae74e5ad252c78fd.jpg

I think you have done the right thing by postponing your appointment. I know how stressed my buns got travelling to Andover to see John. It took ages afterwards for them to calm down and you don't want Dennis going into stasis. When mine were indoors I am sure they ate all sorts of things they shouldn't while I was at work, despite bunny proofing. They do like to worry us - guess it keeps us on our toes!!!!

Sending vibes for Dennis to continue to pass golden poops :):)

Hi every bun, just been to the vets fir Dennys mite treatment. Tummy feels ok. Sponge has started her mite treatment and isn't talking to me. Dennis is nomming away

Uncle John reckons mites afterall then? Hopefully they'll be tip top soon. You can't blame madame syrupy for being sulky - she is being medicated for Dennys condition afterall. Lots of cookies to appease her please. I'm hearing she needs eight. Did you discuss Dennys stiffness or get a vet perspective on the joint care tabs?

Naww glad that all went well at the vets but did a little giggle about Madame Syrupy Sulking - bet she is still the cutest anyway

Good that all went well at the vets for naughty Dennis. I bet Syrupy can be bribed and suspect she has been by now :)

They have both been really upset with me today. We have poops and hay nomming though. I'm staying out of the warren for the evening

Back