• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Dennis worries

Thanks for the reassurance everybun. Unfortunately John wants to see him tomorrow :( now I have the worry of driving to Andover.

On another note. I provided Dennis with lots of fleeceys on the floor as I can see he's a bit doddery and stiff. The floor is non slip and textured but dennis is clumbsy on it. Maple has no problem at all. So I thought it would help his mobility on the floor. They have nearly a 4x4 meter area so I can't cover the floor with hay. What can I use now??

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Could you use something similar to what j&b uses? I think she has got somthing made out of cotton with elephants on it.

Oh Dennis you silly rabbit :(

If it’s any consolation Phillip has previously eaten a large amount of carpet, part of a towel and some string before I realised what he was doing and he passed it all absolutely fine. I just fed him lots of wet herbs and high fibre pellets on each occasion.

Sending positive thoughts for you and Dennis xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh dennis! This leaves me wondering if my bunnies eat their blankeys & fleeces or whether they just chew & scrat at them. Theres enough holes. I really hope he is ok, as others have said this must happen loads. Mousey sounds Denny like movement wise which is why my lounge floor is covered in all sorts of rubbish. I've been researching rugs lately - they work out quite pricey when they are big but I've seen cotton washable ones for about £30 - only about 100cm x 150 though

Could you use something similar to what j&b uses? I think she has got somthing made out of cotton with elephants on it.
Unfortunately I bonded them on a cotton sheet and Dennis ingested a 10p sized hole so that was conviscated. I thought the fleece was thicker so wouldn't be nommy.

Oh dennis! This leaves me wondering if my bunnies eat their blankeys & fleeces or whether they just chew & scrat at them. Theres enough holes. I really hope he is ok, as others have said this must happen loads. Mousey sounds Denny like movement wise which is why my lounge floor is covered in all sorts of rubbish. I've been researching rugs lately - they work out quite pricey when they are big but I've seen cotton washable ones for about £30 - only about 100cm x 150 though
I've ordered him those oxbow supplements that Mouseys on. I might mention it to John tomorrow. I'm thinking arthritis prehaps? He does a lot of walking rather than hopping

Asda also do jute rugs about the same size - 28 quid I think. I'd be happy if a bunny chewed that

Asda also do jute rugs about the same size - 28 quid I think. I'd be happy if a bunny chewed that
I need to cover the rabbit room in soil and grass I think. Having an eaty rabbit is worrying

What about seagrass mats? We use those in the corners of the rooms where the rabbits like to dig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh Dennis! Lola has eaten fleece before, she seemed to have no lasting problems but lost the use of the fleece bed! She used to snuggle and groom it, no idea what caused her to suddenly eat it! it ended up on the outside of her pen instead!

My late Frankie was a pickle too, she ate through a plastic bag to get to the hay inside. The vet said the problem with that was because it was clear it wouldn't show up on X ray unless it caused a blockage. But that passed through too, quite quickly I think as the evening after I decided to break open every single bumble :oops: to look but never did see it so it must have gone through beforehand. Then there was Cookie and the Lino incident! Hopefully Dennis has no lasting issues either. It sounds like lots of bunnies do this sort of thing, they'd probably have people believe we don't feed them! x
When you disected the poop could you piece together enough to account for the eaten item or was it just a few bits and pieces. Dennis has pooped but I can only identify a small piece as the green fleece

That's all I have found so far. Unless it's disintegrated?
0dd74d8f4daf870e2b1f24645eeb1f1e.jpg

Thank you. I'm glad you think so

Try not to worry loobers. Archie has eaten loads of naughty things and they've all come out the other end including fleece and cotton... Even a rubber massage ball. Just keep an eye on his poop like you are doing. Xx

Try not to worry loobers. Archie has eaten loads of naughty things and they've all come out the other end including fleece and cotton... Even a rubber massage ball. Just keep an eye on his poop like you are doing. Xx
Thank you Parchie. I have more poops. Live action!

Hoping that you are all submerged in tons of Dennis poo by now ?

I have a feeling that the only damage done will be to the poor fleece and to your jagged nerves loobs .............. !

xx

Last edited:
Back