Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bladder flushing?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthyjones89 View Post
    We went through with baileys bladder flush.. and well being honest its been a rough 24 hours!

Hes had x3 burphaine injections, on 100mg tramadol, metacam, baytril and zantac.

The flush itself went well and there was quite a build up of sludge, but when flushing they noticed how inflamed his bladder was. The vets believed he could have a bladder infection which hadnt been picked up. So a culture was taken and were still waiting for the results.

24 hours in, hes still dribbling urine and is yet to have a proper wee! His willy is seriously sore so its clear hes trying not to urinate. Hes already on strong pain relief as last night he began whimpering, so headed straight to the emergency vets. His whimpering how now stopped and although his appetite has increased slightly its still not brilliant!

He continues to have his tail up constantly and strain to try and wee but noting comes out. Its obvious hes got a full bladder as you can feel it, but still struggling to pass urine.

The vets have suggested we admit him to have a catheter inserted to help relieve him and not have to have the pain when trying to wee. Currently hes still at home with me as hes not the best patient at the vets as he hates being shut in.

But Im just trying to weigh up my options here, his appetite isnt brilliant but he is munching odd bits of hay, grass, herbs and had some dried parsnip.

Its now 24 hours since and Im wondering when can we expect to see some improvement? I understand its painful for him but at the same time, hes on a lot of pain relief..

Hi Ruth

It seems like it was certainly the right decision to go ahead and have the flush done for your little one.

What did the vet say about recovery time? I am so sorry that he's struggling to pee.
    I hope it doesn't come to having a catheter, but at least it will get the flow going and hopefully things will begin to rectify after that.

Sending you hugs. They do worry us, these buns xx

Mama Doe

Sending vibes for little Bailey, I hope he improves more overnight. Hugs xx

Banned

How's things now Ruth?

Hi both,

Thanks so much for the vibes and help.

Hes doing much better today.. we opted not to admit him as he was picking at food and was looking more relaxed being at home. He continues on his tramadol, metacam, Zantac and baytril.

He has been passing abit of blood in his urine, but apparently this can be expected after a bladder flush. Hes still hasnt done a proper wee, but the constant dribbling has calmed down and he is now continuing to spot wee.

The vets fully believe it was a bladder infection which wasnt picked up to why he was in so much pain and the flush had made this worse. We did a number of urine samples which showed no sign of infection whatsoever. He also had bad diarrhoea yesterday which was similar to black tar and not nice at all... after this he seemed brighter in himself. So Im not sure if this is from the anaesthetic or the mixture of medications hes on. But hes back to more harder and better formed poops since.

Hes Still not eating much and picking but he is eating hay, grass and herbs. Were also hoping the Meds should be kicking in now and hell continue to improve.

Culture results are due back on Monday so this will determine whether we keep him on baytril or go for another anti-biotic.

Weve also got a check up next Thursday where theyll run a blood test to see if the infection is visible and look at his kidney values to be on the safe side.

Xx
    Last edited by Ruthyjones89; 12-01-2019 at 12:02 PM.
    Rest in peace my beautiful fur babies - Tango, Whiskey, Harvey & Honey **Forever in my heart**

His urine currently

And my little trooper..
    Rest in peace my beautiful fur babies - Tango, Whiskey, Harvey & Honey **Forever in my heart**

Mama Doe

Aw look at your very brave beautiful boy, he looks a wee bit sorry for himself understandably . But I know he is getting the best love and care from you. He is so beautiful Ruth. I am glad to read this more positive update for Bailey things are slowly but surely improving and I am glad he is brighter in himself. Yes I can see the red tinge in his pee which I am sure is slightly worrying but hopefully as his bladder settles and the baytril works more this will improve. Glad he was able to stay as home also. Thanks for update Ruth. Hugs to you both xx

Quote Originally Posted by nickybunny1 View Post
    Aw look at your very brave beautiful boy, he looks a wee bit sorry for himself understandably . But I know he is getting the best love and care from you. He is so beautiful Ruth. I am glad to read this more positive update for Bailey things are slowly but surely improving and I am glad he is brighter in himself. Yes I can see the red tinge in his pee which I am sure is slightly worrying but hopefully as his bladder settles and the baytril works more this will improve. Glad he was able to stay as home also. Thanks for update Ruth. Hugs to you both xx
    Thanks so much Nicky, you’ve been such an amazing help over the last few days.. means so much!

Yeah we’ve got our fingers crossed, he’ll continue to improve now and his appetite will get better. He’s loving grass and the odd couple of dandelions, along with a small amount of dried plantain and a couple of carrot peelings.

The blood really was quite concerning but like you said this should settle down as his bladder inflammation calms down.

Bunnies hey?! And thanks for all the vibes xxxx

Mama Doe

No problem at all Ruth, you and Bailey have done all the hard work. I look forward to hearing more positive updates about the beautiful Bailey xx

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthyjones89 View Post
    Hi both,

Thanks so much for the vibes and help.

Hes doing much better today.. we opted not to admit him as he was picking at food and was looking more relaxed being at home. He continues on his tramadol, metacam, Zantac and baytril.

He has been passing abit of blood in his urine, but apparently this can be expected after a bladder flush. Hes still hasnt done a proper wee, but the constant dribbling has calmed down and he is now continuing to spot wee.

The vets fully believe it was a bladder infection which wasnt picked up to why he was in so much pain and the flush had made this worse. We did a number of urine samples which showed no sign of infection whatsoever. He also had bad diarrhoea yesterday which was similar to black tar and not nice at all... after this he seemed brighter in himself. So Im not sure if this is from the anaesthetic or the mixture of medications hes on. But hes back to more harder and better formed poops since.

Hes Still not eating much and picking but he is eating hay, grass and herbs. Were also hoping the Meds should be kicking in now and hell continue to improve.

Culture results are due back on Monday so this will determine whether we keep him on baytril or go for another anti-biotic.

Weve also got a check up next Thursday where theyll run a blood test to see if the infection is visible and look at his kidney values to be on the safe side.

Xx

He really is gorgeous Ruth

I am glad he's eating the good stuff and I hope he continues with that. He's being so well looked after, you couldn't do more.
    I am so glad that Nickybunny has been with you during this time

Loads of love and hugs to you, stay strong xx

I hope he is feeling better soon, sending lots of vibes xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx