• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

No poop just mucus and what looks like blood from anus

In my experience a low temperature can be a sign of a rabbit going into shock. This can happen when they have a blockage, but it can also mean other things. I am glad he's being looked after - he's in the right place and they will be able to nurture him and give him everything he needs.

Sending vibes for Milo and hugs for you xx

There's some more info here:

https://rabbit.org/gastrointestinal-stasis-the-silent-killer-2/

http://anyflip.com/dvpt/hzvv/basic

http://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/pdfs/ROWinter10p7.pdf

This was why I stressed that the vet should take his temperature. I am so glad you took him in xx

Me too thank you for all your help. I'm going to read through the info you sent.
Temperature isn't something I've had a problem with before so this is all new to us. Hope he enjoys his bunny spa day and gets all toasty and then decides to snack and poop for us

Sending lots of vibes for Milo and hugs for you.
Keeping you in our thoughts and hoping the vets can get it all figuared out and help

Thank you for all your good vibes everyone. Milos friends are NOT happy with me. They are very cautious and are quiet but they had been leaving him alone and avoiding him so I didn't want to stress them out taking then with

Me too thank you for all your help. I'm going to read through the info you sent.
Temperature isn't something I've had a problem with before so this is all new to us. Hope he enjoys his bunny spa day and gets all toasty and then decides to snack and poop for us

You're welcome.

Sending more vibes that Milo will be OK x

Thank you for all your good vibes everyone. Milos friends are NOT happy with me. They are very cautious and are quiet but they had been leaving him alone and avoiding him so I didn't want to stress them out taking then with

Only just caught up with this. I do hope that Milo will start to improve now that he is receiving Intensive Care. Will the Vet call you with an update later this evening ?

I think that was very wise given the circumstances.

I really hope you get another update from the vet very soon.

Only just caught up with this. I do hope that Milo will start to improve now that he is receiving Intensive Care. Will the Vet call you with an update later this evening ?

No update from the vet yet I've called and left a message they have a vet on site 24/7 so they said I can check in as many times as I like and to call and leave a message and they would call back

No update from the vet yet I've called and left a message they have a vet on site 24/7 so they said I can check in as many times as I like and to call and leave a message and they would call back

I would leave it a reasonable length of time and then call back as another prod.

Sending vibes x

Just called the vets again. Milo is out of the incubator as he can now manage his body temperature and it's back to where it should be. They've given him meds and force fed him food and are hoping that by morning he should have pooed and be eating some bits himself. Fingers crossed

Just called the vets again. Milo is out of the incubator as he can now manage his body temperature and it's back to where it should be. They've given him meds and force fed him food and are hoping that by morning he should have pooed and be eating some bits himself. Fingers crossed

I'm pleased to here he's maintaining his own body temperature now.

I hope you get further good news tonight :)

C'mon Milo poop please [emoji38]

Sending you and him hugs and vibes xx

Sent from my swarmic device

Back