Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: No poop just mucus and what looks like blood from anus

Thank you everyone. We have used recent weeks to really bond with Oreo and he is doing so much better. He is less jumpy and will tolerate nose strokes most of the time and ear kisses. He follows me around a lot too which I like but I feel so guilty leaving him to go to work. One thing I have noticed is he seems to be pulling his hair out in a line down his back. Now he's always been an over cleaner but he seems to do it even more now and a few times I've caught him actually pulling hair out. The skin doesn't look red or inflamed just dandruffy where new hair comes through. Now he did the same thing in the month before we lost Milo so I was thinking it's either a stress thing as maybe he knew Milo was sick or could it be like fleas? Wouldn't you see fleas on a white rabbit? And the others didn't seem to have any bald patches. If it was fleas would they all have it like kids with nits?
    Last edited by bunny mummy 1; 23-03-2019 at 12:20 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bunny mummy 1 View Post
    Thank you everyone. We have used recent weeks to really bond with Oreo and he is doing so much better. He is less jumpy and will tolerate nose strokes most of the time and ear kisses. He follows me around a lot too which I like but I feel so guilty leaving him to go to work. One thing I have noticed is he seems to be pulling his hair out in a line down his back. Now he's always been an over cleaner but he seems to do it even more now and a few times I've caught him actually pulling hair out. The skin doesn't look red or inflamed just dandruffy where new hair comes through. Now he did the same thing in the month before we lost Milo so I was thinking it's either a stress thing as maybe he knew Milo was sick or could it be like fleas? Wouldn't you see fleas on a white rabbit? And the others didn't seem to have anything before they put re

Usually a patch of dandruff indicates fur mites. These often show up when a rabbit's immune system is low for some reason.

The treatment, you probably know, is Ivermectin. Three doses a fortnight apart. But you may want to confirm this with your vet.

I hope you are ok? X

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by bunny mummy 1 View Post
    Thank you everyone. We have used recent weeks to really bond with Oreo and he is doing so much better. He is less jumpy and will tolerate nose strokes most of the time and ear kisses. He follows me around a lot too which I like but I feel so guilty leaving him to go to work. One thing I have noticed is he seems to be pulling his hair out in a line down his back. Now he's always been an over cleaner but he seems to do it even more now and a few times I've caught him actually pulling hair out. The skin doesn't look red or inflamed just dandruffy where new hair comes through. Now he did the same thing in the month before we lost Milo so I was thinking it's either a stress thing as maybe he knew Milo was sick or could it be like fleas? Wouldn't you see fleas on a white rabbit? And the others didn't seem to have anything before they put re

I would get your Vet to take a look at Oreo. He may be pulling/licking the fur along his spine due to some degree of discomfort in that area- eg arthritis. One of my Arthritic Rabbits does it.

Or he may have fur mites, these can be relatively easily treated but personally I dont like using mite treatments on a Rabbit unless I am certain they actually have mites. These links contain some information about the most common type of Mites to affect Rabbits- Cheyletiella

http://wildpro.twycrosszoo.org/S/00d...etiellosis.htm

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Skin_di...e/fur_mite.htm
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

I am so sorry you lost Bailey so soon after losing Milo. I am sending you lots of healing vibes for your broken heart.
    A vet may tell you if Oreo's having any medical problem that could be causing discomfort and may even explain his not wanting to be handled.

Mini update for everyone with more positive news. Oreo had a vet check and had mites which he has been treated for and now has a lovely fluffy coat. He also had eye drops for a weepy eye and it's now back to normal. He has been signed off with a full bill of health and is now ready to find a wife!

Wise Old Thumper

Good news Wishing Oreo lots of success in finding a new wife.

It is nice to know Oreo is fluffy and heathy. Sending him positive vibes for success in finding a wife on bunny Tinder.

Iím so glad he is better

Brilliant news he has been discharged & will soon be looking for love