• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding help

Are you sure they are chasing each other? The reason being Syrup alerts the warrens of flappy blinds and cars etc by thumping. This then makes them both go super skititsh and zoom off together into the train. Or if she's frightened she will zoom over to Dennis and that spooks Dennis and it makes him zoom off. I don't know about every bun else but my bunnies are most active between 8pm and 3am.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

you might be right. I slept downstairs again last night and was only woken up by them once this time! Going to have one more night on the sofa tonight then all being well they’ll be completely alone tomorrow night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loobers could well be on to something. Its quite likely with lots of chasing you'd see evidence of fur pulling. I am regularly woken up in the early hours to bunny stomping As Boo is a bully sometimes I always assume its her that has set Mousey off. However as often or not Boo will be sound asleep. I think as its their alert time they will be more likely to chase but equally they'll be super sensitive to any noises / stimuli. I've also seen Joey & Boo play chase while an uninvolved Mousey stomps

It doesn't sound like you need to worry. Congratulations on a gorgeous par

you might be right. I slept downstairs again last night and was only woken up by them once this time! Going to have one more night on the sofa tonight then all being well they’ll be completely alone tomorrow night!

I have found when my bunnies had fighty chases it's really loud and crashy. You can hear them going round and round. It's really loud!

So in need of a little advice.

Phillip and Snowy are pretty much bonded. When we are at work, they spend their days together in their enclosure, which is a decent size with more than enough room for them to run and binky etc. They spend most of the daytime sleeping anyway :lol:

If we are at home, or after work, they have free reign of the house and they’re fine together then. They spend most of this time snuggling or causing mischief together.

Then at night time, they’re back in the enclosure, which is where my problem is. At night time, and only at night time, they are randomly chasing each other around (not in a playful way, as one of them always seems to end up thumping.) I don’t understand why as the rest of the time they are smitten with each other! Does anyone have any advice?

It might be that one of them is taking advantage of the dark. :D

Loobers could well be on to something. Its quite likely with lots of chasing you'd see evidence of fur pulling. I am regularly woken up in the early hours to bunny stomping As Boo is a bully sometimes I always assume its her that has set Mousey off. However as often or not Boo will be sound asleep. I think as its their alert time they will be more likely to chase but equally they'll be super sensitive to any noises / stimuli. I've also seen Joey & Boo play chase while an uninvolved Mousey stomps

It doesn't sound like you need to worry. Congratulations on a gorgeous par

I have found when my bunnies had fighty chases it's really loud and crashy. You can hear them going round and round. It's really loud!

That’s good to hear. I think there’s also an element of having to get used to each other in a restricted space overnight and running round without crashing into each other!
It was definitely better than the previous night though and I guess all new bonds (and existing!) will have the odd scuffle.

They do love each other though :love:
Here they are sharing some forage last night.

2db5f7c22b232a964df012ecda131bf3.jpg

They look good together:love: I think Loobers is right, I thought my two were chasing, and when I looked on bunnycam it was just Fern running around and binkying like a loon :lol::love: I definitely recommend a camera, you can watch them from the next room or wherever, and you can see how they get on without human interaction.

That’s good to hear. I think there’s also an element of having to get used to each other in a restricted space overnight and running round without crashing into each other!
It was definitely better than the previous night though and I guess all new bonds (and existing!) will have the odd scuffle.

They do love each other though :love:
Here they are sharing some forage last night.

2db5f7c22b232a964df012ecda131bf3.jpg

This is so heart warming! Well done xxx

A scuffle free night!! Back in my own bed tonight as I don’t think they need baby sitting any longer :lol:

A scuffle free night!! Back in my own bed tonight as I don’t think they need baby sitting any longer [emoji38]

I bet you are still sleeping with one eye open though! We need more pictures

Gosh they are just gorgeous. I get the vibes that Phillip is very food driven!

I’ve just had to break up a circling fight [emoji24]

I don’t know what’s happened, they’ve not done that before even while actually bonding

Back