Thread: Blanket Licking

Alpha Buck

Default Blanket Licking

Jellybean loooves licking the fleece blanket on the floor. It's adorable, but is it normal behaviour? We'll be taking her to the vet very soon for her first vaccinations

yea, its completely normal mine lick blankets. sometimes they do it when I'm petting them, but other times just randomly, including licking me. its gone well on into adulthood, so I think its just one of those things. perhaps scenting or tasting. I know they like to lick us as our skin is very salty.
    rabbits are like angels; they have a way of finding people that need them, and filling an emptiness they didn't even know they had.

Frosty never licked anything like that until after his 2nd dental, when he became down and seemed lonely, he started grooming his fur covered tower, and my onesie. He’s stopped doing it again now he is bonded with Fern, but he loves to groom her instead. So I’m not sure, but in Frosty’s case I’m pretty sure he was doing it as a substitute for grooming another bunny.

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    Frosty never licked anything like that until after his 2nd dental, when he became down and seemed lonely, he started grooming his fur covered tower, and my onesie. Heís stopped doing it again now he is bonded with Fern, but he loves to groom her instead. So Iím not sure, but in Frostyís case Iím pretty sure he was doing it as a substitute for grooming another bunny.
    This is my view too. I would just enjoy it, as I don't think it's anything to get concerned about. It's possible that he/she can smell your other rabbits on you, which prompts the desire to groom

Alpha Buck

This makes a lot of sense, thank you everyone!

She'll have other rabbits to groom soon enough, although I must admit, I'm rrally enjoying having her indoors with me

All mine groom their fake bunny & blankets . I thought you'd enjoy an indoor bun