• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blanket Licking

Beapig

Mama Doe
Jellybean loooves licking the fleece blanket on the floor. It's adorable, but is it normal behaviour? We'll be taking her to the vet very soon for her first vaccinations :)

yea, its completely normal :D mine lick blankets. sometimes they do it when I'm petting them, but other times just randomly, including licking me. its gone well on into adulthood, so I think its just one of those things. perhaps scenting or tasting. I know they like to lick us as our skin is very salty.

Frosty never licked anything like that until after his 2nd dental, when he became down and seemed lonely, he started grooming his fur covered tower, and my onesie. He’s stopped doing it again now he is bonded with Fern, but he loves to groom her instead. So I’m not sure, but in Frosty’s case I’m pretty sure he was doing it as a substitute for grooming another bunny.

Frosty never licked anything like that until after his 2nd dental, when he became down and seemed lonely, he started grooming his fur covered tower, and my onesie. He’s stopped doing it again now he is bonded with Fern, but he loves to groom her instead. So I’m not sure, but in Frosty’s case I’m pretty sure he was doing it as a substitute for grooming another bunny.

This is my view too. I would just enjoy it, as I don't think it's anything to get concerned about. It's possible that he/she can smell your other rabbits on you, which prompts the desire to groom :)

This makes a lot of sense, thank you everyone!

She'll have other rabbits to groom soon enough, although I must admit, I'm rrally enjoying having her indoors with me :D

Back