• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A friend for Dillon - sad update post 811.

I sincerely hope that everything works out for you all one way or another. Sending love and the warmest of wishes on this chilly winter night. God bless. xx

Dilly said he would wait at home and guard the Christmas tree whilst I drove the 100 or so miles to Wales to meet a very nervous lady.

IMG_20181222_114516[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

We arrived after just over 2 hours to a rainy RSPCA where they had in excess of 20 bunnies all needing new homes. I sat for an hour in the room with Boudica and eventually she came to say hello. She has been used to breed and is having treatment for an eye condition.
IMG-20181223-WA0005[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

She thumped and grumped at me and said she wasnt eating anything thank you very much.
IMG-20181223-WA0008[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

We stayed very still and let her come to us. Chris, the manager, said she is due back at the vets on the 3rd Jan. So we left her and went for a paddle in the sea!

She's lovely :love: I really hope that Dillon thinks so too.

It must have been very chilly paddling :lol:

Dillon is so handsome :love: She is beautiful :love: I hope everything goes well :thumb: I am sure she will get used to you. Fern stamped her foot and nipped me when I first met her :shock: but now she loves headrubs and cuddles :love:

Dillon is so handsome :love: She is beautiful :love: I hope everything goes well :thumb: I am sure she will get used to you. Fern stamped her foot and nipped me when I first met her :shock: but now she loves headrubs and cuddles :love:

Really, that makes me feel better.
She is at the vets on the 3rd then we will know when she can come home. This also gives me time to arrange the bonder etc.

Thank you all for your support in this, it is still really scary.

Really, that makes me feel better.
She is at the vets on the 3rd then we will know when she can come home. This also gives me time to arrange the bonder etc.

Thank you all for your support in this, it is still really scary.

Yes, she’d had her spay recently and been at a fosterers, and come back to BARC bunny HQ a few days previous to my visit. And she was just nervous of new people at the time. I’d never seen a bunny stamp with a front leg before that :lol:

You can see Boudicca is very curious of you, just unsure, so I’m sure she will settle. Especially if she has Dillon to support her :love:

I know it’s scary, I hope having a bonder to help should take the pressure off a bit, and we are all here supporting you :love:

Just caught up with this thread, wishing everyone and everybun the very best of luck for a very happy bond xx

Dilly said he would wait at home and guard the Christmas tree whilst I drove the 100 or so miles to Wales to meet a very nervous lady.

We arrived after just over 2 hours to a rainy RSPCA where they had in excess of 20 bunnies all needing new homes. I sat for an hour in the room with Boudica and eventually she came to say hello. She has been used to breed and is having treatment for an eye condition.

She thumped and grumped at me and said she wasnt eating anything thank you very much.

We stayed very still and let her come to us. Chris, the manager, said she is due back at the vets on the 3rd Jan. So we left her and went for a paddle in the sea!
Dilly you are so handsome lad, this girlie isn't going to know what's hit her. What a lucky bun she will be

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Any news on Boudicca after her vets visit :wave:

Boudica was at the vets yesterday, she has a clean bill of health for her eye :D
Collection date for Boudica is the 6th and they are booked into the Bonders on the 12th, they are going to Amanda at Mere Moggies for the bonding.

I hope I am doing the right thing, Dillon and Jess are now so close and sleep together but Dillon needs his own kind and Jess is over 16years old now......................

Boudica was at the vets yesterday, she has a clean bill of health for her eye :D
Collection date for Boudica is the 6th and they are booked into the Bonders on the 12th, they are going to Amanda at Mere Moggies for the bonding.

I hope I am doing the right thing, Dillon and Jess are now so close and sleep together but Dillon needs his own kind and Jess is over 16years old now......................

This is great news :thumb: I’m sure you are doing the right thing. Amanda is lovely, I met her when I adopted a pair of my bridge bunnies from RSPCA Macclesfield years ago.

Fingers crossed for the bonding:thumb:

Exciting news Dilly I really wish you the best of luck. We will all have our claws crossed for the big meet xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Thank you, I am quite nervous. Dillion lives in the lounge and we have built a 6x8 foot pen next to him for the five days before they go to the bonders. I went into Home Bargain during my refs today and bought two storage boxes as litter trays, £3.49 compared to the small litter trays in P@H which were £6.
Two of the sides are open so they will be able to see one another the short sides are wood, slated wood so not a clear view. I am going to leave the carry box thingy in there too so she can hide if she wants to.
I have not put any toys in yet as they will all smell of Dilly. I was just going to make loo roll hay bundles and string sprouts on a string for her. She will have a water bottle as well as a bowl, Dilly just has a bowl.
Have I missed anything do you think?

oh and I am so not keen on her name (sorry does that make me miserable) but love the names Harriet or Susan for her, what do you think?

Back