• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A friend for Dillon - sad update post 811.

The sterile sample is to see what is happening and the flush is as all of a sudden he is wetting his bed. He has never done this before but each morning his blanket is wet - probably a teacup full. During the day his house is clean and dry (except his litter trays). Today we are reducing the stasis meds and taking him off one dose of tramadol. I need to find the answers to make him more comfy. He is still damp around his nether region but wet through down his legs in the morning. He has always slept on a heap of fleece/blankets with his legs in a sploof.
Not sure what to do about Susan, they are seeking each other out to lie next too but have not been allowed to meet since Dilly became poorly this time. Perhaps they will be okay apart as they are not actually together if that makes sense.

MM - Sludge was not mentioned - xray will probably happen if needed whilst he is under. Omi - thank you

Poor Dilly :-( and poor you having to go through all this.
I hope they find so something useful in the test so he can get better soon.

Sending vibes and hugs xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topping up the vibes for your gorgeous boy..

Sadly we've been dealing with Bladder troubles recently too, and my biggest regret is not having an X-ray sooner, so it may be helpful if he is under at the vets.

I really hope the vets can help and quickly determine the problem as it's horrible seeing them suffer.. I don't know if this helps, but when Bailey was dribbling wee constantly, we put puppy pads everywhere which helped alot to absorb the urine more. Plus it's a great way to keep an eye on the urine itself, as we could easily see crystals (which is calcium, similar to the feel of sand).

Hopefully he'll start to feel more comfortable soon xxx

Topping up the vibes for your gorgeous boy..

Sadly we've been dealing with Bladder troubles recently too, and my biggest regret is not having an X-ray sooner, so it may be helpful if he is under at the vets.

I really hope the vets can help and quickly determine the problem as it's horrible seeing them suffer.. I don't know if this helps, but when Bailey was dribbling wee constantly, we put puppy pads everywhere which helped alot to absorb the urine more. Plus it's a great way to keep an eye on the urine itself, as we could easily see crystals (which is calcium, similar to the feel of sand).

Hopefully he'll start to feel more comfortable soon xxx

Thank you and yes Dilly seems to be dribbling - even with the meds he is getting worse. I will mention the xray thank you

Truffpuff and Zoobec - thank you

Topping up the vibes for Dillon. I hope he starts to feel better soon and that the x-rays can help. Poor Dilly. Lillian sends nose rubs. x

Sending lots of vibes for Dilly. I do often think about him and really hope he will feel better soon.

Thank you Craig1965 and Omi Dillon here "i am feeling really fed up and grumpy. I dont like being wet and stinky and I dont seem to be able to wee in my tray anymore. Mum is putting blankets all over my house so that they can be washed morning and evening. I am going to the vets on Monday for my procedure - goodness knows what else they will do at me again. Lillian the nose rubs really help - Susan says she will do nose rubs but I still dont like her - even though she tries to lie as close as possible to me and does silly things to try and cheer me up!"

Aww Dilly. I hope the nice vet can find out what's wrong on Monday and make you feel a lot better soon. It must feel very uncomfortable.

And then there's Susan......... Perhaps the vet can give you a Shakespearean love potion on Monday, so that when you wake up you will be totally in love with her.

You really need to get to the bottom (absolutely no pun intended!) of Dilly's issues so you can plan a way forward.

I really feel for you all, as this has been going on a long time without resolution.

Many many vibes for beautiful Dilly that he can get better soon xxx

Lol, the good wishes have gone to his head, he beat my slipper up and threw it around the lounge in a fit of gggrrr. Now I am going to do the meds again - he will be back to Mr Grumps.

Poor Dilly. Maybe Mr Grumps can have some nommy treats - some nice fresh parsley or some cranberries for taking his meds?
Sending more vibes for Dilly. xx

Lol, the good wishes have gone to his head, he beat my slipper up and threw it around the lounge in a fit of gggrrr. Now I am going to do the meds again - he will be back to Mr Grumps.

And quite right to be Mr Grumps!!

He wants to be well and everyone wants him to be well too, then he can have a friend of his own :love:

Love and vibes xx

Back