• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A friend for Dillon - sad update post 811.

The bonder said that Dilly was the aggressor and that Susan stuck his diva behaviour for so long before fighting back, she wasnt happy to continue due to Dillys stasis - this really worried me.
I have had them out together every day for the last week.

Have you had them out together today?

I personally would not take Dilly back to the bonder. I would just try to be patient and I think you will get there in the end.

Have you had them out together today?

I personally would not take Dilly back to the bonder. I would just try to be patient and I think you will get there in the end.

I agree with Omi, not because the bonder did anything wrong of course, but I would want to avoid stressing him out again. I too think that you will get there in the end :thumb:

I dont think Amanda would have him back again, she was surprised just how fast he got his diva on!
I will keep on keeping on and see how we go.

I have bought chantilly carrots to make edible bunting out of for them so hopefully keep them entertained.

Thank you again all for your help and support.

I agree with Omi, not because the bonder did anything wrong of course, but I would want to avoid stressing him out again. I too think that you will get there in the end :thumb:
Me three, keep at it and hopefully he will warm up to Su-bo

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I dont think Amanda would have him back again, she was surprised just how fast he got his diva on!
I will keep on keeping on and see how we go.

I have bought chantilly carrots to make edible bunting out of for them so hopefully keep them entertained.

Thank you again all for your help and support.

Awww bless!

I must admit I don't think I could ever let my rabbits out of my sight, and I think you are working wonders in the way you are doing things.
Chantilly carrots are lovely and sweet :)

I echo what my rabbit expert friends above have said - but I would only add that Susan is just beautiful. She has such a lovley manor and from what you describe, so friendly and trusting. She clearly wants to be with you and with Dillon and as frustrating as it is, I still believe that time and patience will win out. Dillon - don't prove me wrong please and start loving the beautiful Susan. Topping up the vibes for you all.

Thanks all - I really do appreciate all the help and support I am getting. We shall keep on with it and see how we do. You are the best!

I have done something different this morning and Dilly is so mad at me that he is trashing the place.

I have lift each bunny into the others house. Susan is led on Dillys blanket and used Dillys "facilities" Dillon has thrown Susans blankets around the house, upended her water bowl, and it scrabbling at the chicken wire between them. He is really cross. He has even bitten a hole in her blanket.

I am going to wait until they are calmer and let them out again. They can bump noses over the top of the house but have seemed to take it in turns to do so.

Well that didnt work, they were again led next to one another and I thought dilly was grooming her through the wire. I lifted them both out and into the space in front of the houses. They did 33 minutes of ignoring one another then fought - up in the air both boxing and fur everywhere. Susan is now shaking her front paw and they are both back in their houses panting, ears up and stressed. That was beyond scary. I cant see blood on them but but have lost a significant amount of fur. I will reassess Susans front paw in a little while she is too upset at the moment.

I have done something different this morning and Dilly is so mad at me that he is trashing the place.

I have lift each bunny into the others house. Susan is led on Dillys blanket and used Dillys "facilities" Dillon has thrown Susans blankets around the house, upended her water bowl, and it scrabbling at the chicken wire between them. He is really cross. He has even bitten a hole in her blanket.

I am going to wait until they are calmer and let them out again. They can bump noses over the top of the house but have seemed to take it in turns to do so.

Aww Dilly :)

I know it's stressful for you, but I did find this amusing. I can imagine Dilly talking to Cuthy's teddy and saying, "Do you know what she did to us today!".

Nomming together, but Dilly's ears say aggression.

IMG_20190202_090152[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

Then there was a fight
IMG_20190202_090341[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

Susan nosing over the top of the house to see if she could come back out to play with him
IMG_20190202_093054[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

Dilly in Susan's house peeping over to make sure she could see the destruction he had caused.
IMG_20190202_093108[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

The aforementioned destruction, and very pleased with his grumpy self he is too.
IMG_20190202_093126[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

Nomming together, but Dilly's ears say aggression.

IMG_20190202_090152[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

Then there was a fight
IMG_20190202_090341[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

Susan nosing over the top of the house to see if she could come back out to play with him
IMG_20190202_093054[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

Dilly in Susan's house peeping over to make sure she could see the destruction he had caused.
IMG_20190202_093108[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

The aforementioned destruction, and very pleased with his grumpy self he is too.
IMG_20190202_093126[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

I can only say that I think you are amazing the way you have dealt with your cumulative bonding shenanigans and you deserve this all to work out for the best. And soon! :D

Goodness me, this thread is absolutely compelling, like reading a novel, but I'm so sorry that you're experiencing all this hassle. I had one incredibly easy bond with a baby male and a diva like 2 year old female. He completely won her over and even his neutering didn't break their bond.

I also gave up on a different bond after a ferocious locked on fight because I was so worried about abscesses forming from bite wounds. (I had another bunny who died because of one). I just gave up and they lived out their lives separately.

So I admire you for persevering. They are both stunning bunnies. I love Dilly's ears and Susan's snow white fur and gentle face.

Goodness me, this thread is absolutely compelling, like reading a novel, but I'm so sorry that you're experiencing all this hassle. I had one incredibly easy bond with a baby male and a diva like 2 year old female. He completely won her over and even his neutering didn't break their bond.

I also gave up on a different bond after a ferocious locked on fight because I was so worried about abscesses forming from bite wounds. (I had another bunny who died because of one). I just gave up and they lived out their lives separately.

So I admire you for persevering. They are both stunning bunnies. I love Dilly's ears and Susan's snow white fur and gentle face.

I am so sorry you had a bunny die from a fight, and yes this is like a novel - I wish I could flip to the back page and read if it is a love story or an epic battle........ :)

I am so sorry you had a bunny die from a fight, and yes this is like a novel - I wish I could flip to the back page and read if it is a love story or an epic battle........ :)

You're going to write it up into a short story yes? ;)
Well .. hopefully short!

Zarla - so sorry to hear of your experiences, but glad you've had a good and easy one to restore your faith.

Back