• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A friend for Dillon - sad update post 811.

Oh no, I'm so very sorry, such sad news. Dilly was such a beautiful boy, I always loved hearing about him. Can't believe how we are losing so many of our gorgeous bunny members this year. I really hope they all meet up at the bridge and have fun together. Binky free Dilly bun, you will be so missed xxxx

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))

rSw4Xjw.jpg

RIP Big Man xx

:cry:

Thank you all, bear with me, I am not coping.
Friday Dilly had his first penicillin, his syphilis was mainly concentrated under his chin. He was a little flat on the friday.
Saturday he was clinging, even when I was sweeping out the fire, and he doesnt like the dust / smell he was nudging me.
Sunday he was really flat and refusing to move from the lounge - his food is in the kitchen as Susan is not allowed unlimited food. Sheryl aware and different med. Started on Oxbow but it dribbled under his chin = into the syphilis.
OH took the day off yesterday but only the water and oxbow CC was his intake - Susan stayed in the top floor of the bedroom, refusing to come out even for food. OH then rang me at work.
When I got home his feet were "walking" this is usually indicative of him having had a fit.
We now have EC, Syphilis, Kidney failure and Stasis.
We were at the vets where he had another massive fit.
We made the decision based on my beautiful boys needs rather than put him through any more.

Dillon 24/08/2017 to 21/1/2020

Sending so many hugs to you. It's absolutely clear that you made the decision based on Dilly's needs and his quality of life. I know, that if it had been me, I would have struggled massively with this decision, but feeling devastated I would have sadly come to the same conclusion. As you quite rightly say, Dilly had several health problems, some of which could not have been cured.

Dilly had such a unique and wonderful character and this in some ways makes it harder. He did have a wonderful life with you, firstly with Cuthbert and then with Susan. It was so clear from all your photos of him, how much he was enjoying life. I think my favourite was him on his hind legs begging for a piece of pizza :love:

Talk about him on here as much as you like if it helps. I'm sure none of us will tire of it. As I said yesterday, Dilly was special to so many of us :love: The world, your house and this forum are/were better places because of Dilly :love:

I can’t really add anything to what Omi has said as her post is so beautifully written. But we are all here for as long as you need us, any time. He had a wonderful life and you gave him that final act of kindness to not suffer. Lots of love xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You did, as you always have done, the best for Dillon :love: thinking of you and sending more hugs xx

I'm so so sorry to hear this :cry: Dillon was such a special bunny. You did everything that you could for him and letting him go was the kindest thing to do - incredibly selfless. Sending you huge hugs.

Thank you I have read all your kind posts, it amazes me that my beautiful boy managed to touch so many hearts.

I have not asked for his ashes back just a pawprint but today I bought a stone bunny from Brighthelm Stone and that will sit in Dillys corner of the garden.

Thank you I have read all your kind posts, it amazes me that my beautiful boy managed to touch so many hearts.

I have not asked for his ashes back just a pawprint but today I bought a stone bunny from Brighthelm Stone and that will sit in Dillys corner of the garden.

That sounds lovely :love:

Last edited:
He definitely touched many hearts -he had a character as big as his physical form. The stone & pawprint sound lovely personal ways to remember - not that you'll ever forget. Having ashes returned isn't for everyone, me included xx

I think that's lovely x

Back