• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A friend for Dillon - sad update post 811.

I have been at work all day and I have come home and Dilly has his cross face on. I dont think it is with Susan and he came running to greet me, but something has happened, or he is not well again. input and output look normal. He is moving about in what appears to be a comfortable manner - hummmm

Ok - taking a step back for a moment (and taking my thoughts off Lillian so apolgies if I get this wrong), but bunnies, like hoomans, can have off days. They are simbient, emotional beings, intelligent and developed. They might not be vocalised, but they communicate effectively within groups. They can and do have mood changes. It might be to do with the weather - the pressure outside? It might feel muggy for Dillon and don't forget bunnies have to be in tune with nature - they rely on it.
So Dillon may just be reflecting something he feels outside of the relationship - not necessarily to do with the relationship or you.
If his demeanour is normal and he's not agressive and eating ok and happy to be with his gorgeous wife-bun, then maybe Dillon is just having a day off.
Hopefully tomorrow is a new day and I hope he is feeling more Dillon-ish in the morning.

Thanks Craig and J&B I too hope that Dillon is just being off - thank you for taking time to reply when you are so very worried about Lillian.

I hope he is just being a Diva & something passing offended his sensibilities

Has he been like this before. My first rabbit, Spenser Milton, was VERY easily offended. I actually quite miss his huffs. Do hope Dillon is happier tomorrow.

OH slept downstairs with Dilly last night (and Susan) he is bouncing about demanding his breakfast this morning but not bothering to eat it when his demands are met. I have also removed a blanket as he is pushing it around the house like it has offended him. He did a huge zoomie around the dining room and then sat hunched up in the corner! I have turned him over to check his undercarriage which is clean - so now he really is in a strop with me!

Has he been like this before. My first rabbit, Spenser Milton, was VERY easily offended. I actually quite miss his huffs. Do hope Dillon is happier tomorrow.

i know exactly what you mean :lol: they are so cute in a huff, just like when my daughter was young.

Glad Dilly is feeling better and nommin away on sprouts. Fingers crossed that he was just 'feeling the mood' the other day.

Sprouts - they are his absolute favourite and he nommed them up. I hope he is feeling better, he seems alert and mobile enough. Thank you

I’m glad he’s eating, hopefully he was just in a mood the other day. Could be a job for Mystic Mouse to determine the cause :lol:

Aww :love: What's their size difference? Dilly doesn't look that much larger than Susan. Is he still eating OK?

Back