• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A friend for Dillon - sad update post 811.

Yes! Dilly is unhappy and bored. he is so used to being able to run so I understand when you said about Boo. My fuss is that Susan for some reason doesnt seem as litter trained as she was, bless her I am taking this as a sign of stress. She is weeing on everything, blankets, soft toys and just on the floor. I have been changing the size and angles of the litter trays to see if she prefers one way to the other.
Litter training often goes out the window in bonding, also moving territories, so I wouldn’t worry too much about that, I’ve always put it down to territorial marking. Frosty always wees on anything soft so I’ve had to replace the cute blankets on the doll bed with a litter tray :lol:

Litter training often goes out the window in bonding, also moving territories, so I wouldn’t worry too much about that, I’ve always put it down to territorial marking. Frosty always wees on anything soft so I’ve had to replace the cute blankets on the doll bed with a litter tray :lol:

Now that is a cracking idea!

So they played out this afternoon and then when it started raining we came inside.

I had jobs to do that meant I could sit in a heap in the lounge, so I opened the door.
20190614_193539[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

and in a very short space of time
20190614_200313(0)[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

Dillon has gone back inside to use the loo but Susan stayed out on her own
20190614_194152[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

They had about 40 minutes and we counted 8 binkies!

Oh bless them, they do make me smile, and I love the set up, it's brilliant. They seem to be doing really well together, long might it continue xxx

Wahey. I reckon they'll be good for keeps now. Its also an inspiring story that they found love eventually, even if Dilly Diva was a tough nut to crack. Are you really happy?

Wahey. I reckon they'll be good for keeps now. Its also an inspiring story that they found love eventually, even if Dilly Diva was a tough nut to crack. Are you really happy?

I am not counting my chickens, I am not leaving them alone outside their house yet. I am happy in their house and happy when they are outside but want to make sure I dont rush them.

To me, they seem to have finally accepted trust of one another - the foundation to a good rabbit bond (in my opinion). Not every rabbit (or hooman) will accept trust from someone new, but your patience and unrelinquishing belief that Susan was a good match fro Dillon has resulted in such a warming and adorable love story. These two are just beautiful and they seem happy with independance but also knowing that the other half is not too far away. I love following this thread.:love:

To me, they seem to have finally accepted trust of one another - the foundation to a good rabbit bond (in my opinion). Not every rabbit (or hooman) will accept trust from someone new, but your patience and unrelinquishing belief that Susan was a good match fro Dillon has resulted in such a warming and adorable love story. These two are just beautiful and they seem happy with independance but also knowing that the other half is not too far away. I love following this thread.:love:

Thank you. They seem a little quiet with each other now, Susan does not seem to need as much reassurance from Dillon. They are very daft though - they both sit in the same litter tray even though there are two trays side by side. Susan is much more confident about going up the ramp and seems to like sticking her head out of the window to watch the world go past. Dillon when he wants his space goes into the dining room and under our table out of the way. Am I right to allow them their own space or is it still too early?

Thank you. They seem a little quiet with each other now, Susan does not seem to need as much reassurance from Dillon. They are very daft though - they both sit in the same litter tray even though there are two trays side by side. Susan is much more confident about going up the ramp and seems to like sticking her head out of the window to watch the world go past. Dillon when he wants his space goes into the dining room and under our table out of the way. Am I right to allow them their own space or is it still too early?

Is it too early for them to have their own space? I don't think there's any hard & fast rule. You're guided by them. With my two, they will sit quite happily for ages snuggled up, and then Henry will go and sit in the big sleeping box house that they have, whilst Lillian sits in the room or out in the open. Mine often spend time apart. But the important thing is, they know each other is near and they are comfortable with that. Like us, they all need their own space at times so I think it's quite ok if they have time apart.

Is it too early for them to have their own space? I don't think there's any hard & fast rule. You're guided by them. With my two, they will sit quite happily for ages snuggled up, and then Henry will go and sit in the big sleeping box house that they have, whilst Lillian sits in the room or out in the open. Mine often spend time apart. But the important thing is, they know each other is near and they are comfortable with that. Like us, they all need their own space at times so I think it's quite ok if they have time apart.

Phillip and Snowy are the same. Love a cuddle with each other but spend most of the day sleeping in separate places. They've been like that since they finally bonded.

I'm so happy it's going well for Dillon and Susan. I too look forward to the updates on this thread :love:

Syrup Hoppington are the same. They sleep in separate train carriages from now till about 4pm where they then join for a snuggle!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I remember after moving F&F back into the bunny room, they were so loved up, and would snuggle together in their hay filled dog bed, entwined, and then I gave them Frosty towers, which is the 2 boxes on stilts, and I still remember the sinking feeling I felt when I saw them in a box each, resting. But now, to this day, they often have his and hers boxes, but more often they are snuggled in one :love: So I know it’s easy to panic but I’m sure they will be fine :love:

Back