• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A friend for Dillon - sad update post 811.

Aww :love: What's their size difference? Dilly doesn't look that much larger than Susan. Is he still eating OK?

Well spotted, he was significantly bigger than her but has come back from the bonder much thinner and she is getting fat! She has so very much fur too. There was a 2kg weight difference between them but now is nearly 1kg. I am making Susan play out a lot more and feeding Dillon pellets in the kitchen - Susan will not walk on the laminate in the kitchen so the pellets are safe.

Such lovely photos :love: it’s always lovely when a bond works out but I’m extra specially pleased for you that they are such good friends :love:

The last bit of the journey has been finished today, Susan and Dillon went to the vets and Susan had her old leg ring removed. I am so happy that it has gone.

Susan also had to have her eye duct flushed and has a little ulcer in her left eye. The flushing on the right side was clear but it was cloudy on the left. She returns in 10 days. Dillon sat under the table in the consultation room and waited for her.

The last bit of the journey has been finished today, Susan and Dillon went to the vets and Susan had her old leg ring removed. I am so happy that it has gone.

Susan also had to have her eye duct flushed and has a little ulcer in her left eye. The flushing on the right side was clear but it was cloudy on the left. She returns in 10 days. Dillon sat under the table in the consultation room and waited for her.

Awww bless him :love: I hope that Susan's eye problems resolve with treatment and I am so glad that Dillon has accepted her as a friend :love:

This is such a beautiful journey for both Susan and Dillon. :love:
You have given Susan her life back - the one she deserved and Dillon being there for her just completes it. As one 'circle' is cut for Susan, the most powerful and important one is complete. Just wonderful. xx

This is such a beautiful journey for both Susan and Dillon. :love:
You have given Susan her life back - the one she deserved and Dillon being there for her just completes it. As one 'circle' is cut for Susan, the most powerful and important one is complete. Just wonderful. xx

That is so lovely of you to say.

The yellow eye medicine looks awful but is doing her good .

All does not seem rosie in paradise or Number 2 Bunny End. Susan has taken to sleeping upstairs so Dilly has a blanket downstairs - but Susan has taken to piddling on his blanket! Any idea's what I can give Dilly to sleep on?

I only shut them into their house about 2 nights per week - just so they are used to it if they need it. Other than that they have free range of downstairs and Dillion will sleep on the sofa.

I am wondering if Dilly doesnt go upstairs as Susan thinks it is her space...... no reason to think this just that Dilly never goes in there.

If anyone has any ideas re Dillys blankets I would love to know please?

For many years I've had one bunny that goes upstairs for alone time (or in the case of Boo, Mummy & Daddy time). Joey used to neglect Noodle by deserting her for hours (we ended up restricting his access cos she was a tiny wee disabled thing with no capacity to climb stairs). Boo has always come up to bed with us at midnight but it was just her thing. Of course J&B are up there permanently now. As long as they are ok when they are together I really wouldn't worry.

I struggle with rabbit wee! Its not Rudeys fault but he does great big wee's everywhere & I can't not have soft stuff everywhere as Mouse needs it for her arthritis. And yesterday my washing machine broke (I'm now in panic mode :lol:) I've not yet, in 26 years of having house bunnies, found any solution to bunnies weeing on soft stuff. I have noticed though that J&B don't ever do it now, but did sometimes when they were in a trio. I bet there is something behavioural / territorial about it.

I'd maybe swap his blanket for fleeces or something easy to wash & dry . I don't think its likely to change though - or rather I don't think there is anything you can do to change it

Back