• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A friend for Dillon - sad update post 811.

Sharing
IMG_20190325_121614 by mark andra, on Flickr

Rocking the moulting look
IMG_20190325_115348 by mark andra, on Flickr

Gorgeous Bunsters :love:

Lord H was not even a year old when he started having his seizures. He is 5 now and although the seizures still occur he copes. He actually has a complex neurological condition so he has some other physical symptoms too.

What I am trying to say is that whilst a Rabbit who develops seizures is not the best news in the world neither is it an automatic 'the end is near' scenario. Dills looks very content in the photo and he wont be worrying about all the 'what ifs' regarding his 'funny turns'. Once a seizure is over I bet it'll be back to business as usual for Mr D :love:

Gorgeous Bunsters :love:

Lord H was not even a year old when he started having his seizures. He is 5 now and although the seizures still occur he copes. He actually has a complex neurological condition so he has some other physical symptoms too.

What I am trying to say is that whilst a Rabbit who develops seizures is not the best news in the world neither is it an automatic 'the end is near' scenario. Dills looks very content in the photo and he wont be worrying about all the 'what ifs' regarding his 'funny turns'. Once a seizure is over I bet it'll be back to business as usual for Mr D :love:

You are quite right, he does return to normal after the seizure. He too is just over a year old. Thank you again Jane.

I am so sorry you are going through this. I hope the meds work for the fits and that Dillon recovers quickly.

Sending loads of nose rubs for Dillon and Susan and hugs for you x

Beautiful bunnies :love: they look so content being outside together in the sun. Even though they’re not bonded but I bet it’s a huge comfort to Dillon knowing that Susan is there next to him. I know when we had Phillip and Snowy living alongside each other for 9 months or however long it was, if one was at the vets, etc, the other would look for them and be much happier when they were home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you ladies for your question, they are both just finishing their course of meds. They are bumbling along nearly together both getting old and set in their ways. I was wondering about some kind of introduction again after the meds have finished. We were taking them out of their houses and putting them on the sofa with us but all that stopped with Dilly bieng ill.

Susan is coming on leaps and bounds - for a nearly blind bunny that hadnt lived in a home in December, four months later and she comes running for treats and nose rubs. She loves being outside and seems to have much more in the way of muscle on her - however her moulting could cover a small country in white hair.

Dilly no longer lunges at Susan as she passes, they both stand one their back legs to see into each others houses especially at treat time. He still mobs us for toast each morning and has everyone wrapped around his paws. He sits at the gate in the back garden watching people go past - the old lady two doors down comes to see if he is there and hand feeds him grass - the grass outside the garden being much better than the grass inside !!!!

Just as an aside he has had a couple of temper tantrums - these consist of him pushing his water bowl over - it holds nearly 2 litres and I swear he does it if you dont open his front door fast enough in a morning!

We have had no more fits, touch wood - but you should see the size of the Valium suppository applicator I have been given incase he does - it would put an elephant off fitting!!!

Thank you again :)

So pleased to read such a positive update :love: So cute the idea of Dillon sitting at the gate to watch the peolple go by and gets rewarded with hand-picked grass :)

I too, had been wondering how Dilly and Susan were doing - just this moning in fact, and I am pleased to read this update. Yes I think Dilly is probably having a tantrum with his water bowl. YOu really need to make sure you open his door quicker:lol:
And wonderful to read that Susan is settling in. She is so beautifully clean. Hopefully they can start building on their friendship again.
Continuing to send vibes for Dilly and Susan. x

Fab news! he sounds like a cross between a dog & donkey. I think he is something else trapped in a bunny body anyway. Lovely image of him & your neighbour :love:

I see no reason why you shouldn't give bonding another try.

Love is in the air.......:love::love::love:
Dilly was just playing it cool. What wonderful news.
Do I need to go and buy a hat?:lol:

Back