Page 80 of 84 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast

Thread: A friend for Dillon - sad update post 811.

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthbert&Dillon View Post
    Oh thank you for this, I know that bunnys have dormant syphilis and in times of stress it comes to the fore. Sheryl has ordered the penicillin and I just hope his kidneys can process the drug. Has Tethra had a reoccurrance and did you have to give penicillin to other bunnies with Tethra please?
    When Tethra first had it, he was living with 3 others of his family. Stupidly, it never occurred to me whether it would be contagious and my vet didn't mention it. I am pretty sure that it will be contagious, when it's active, but no other rabbit was infected. So no, the other bunnies were not treated. I would discuss it with your vet. It is possible that he had one recurrence, a few years later, but my vet was not quite so confident of the diagnosis, although we treated it with Penicillin injections and he improved. He is left with a small scar where the lesions were.

Thank you Omi. I will discuss it with Sheryl.

9.15 tomorrow is the first penicillin injection, although he is just going for an injection and then home again I am taking Susan with us. OH is at work so I will have a big breakfast as lifting these two in a carrier takes some muscles.

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthbert&Dillon View Post
    Thank you Omi. I will discuss it with Sheryl.

9.15 tomorrow is the first penicillin injection, although he is just going for an injection and then home again I am taking Susan with us. OH is at work so I will have a big breakfast as lifting these two in a carrier takes some muscles.
    Haha at the big breakfast I know what you mean though as I struggle with Tui and Tethra. What you have to carry is like Tui x 2

I hope his injection goes well tomorrow. How often will he have them? Will you do the next ones at home?

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    Haha at the big breakfast I know what you mean though as I struggle with Tui and Tethra. What you have to carry is like Tui x 2

I hope his injection goes well tomorrow. How often will he have them? Will you do the next ones at home?
    The injections will be weekly, today I give the injection at the vets so they can make sure I know what I am doing. its over 20 years since I last did an injection.

I hope the injection practice went well

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    I hope the injection practice went well
    Not really, I saw a different vet. I knew I was doing as the drug had arrived and Sheryl wasnt on duty. I wanted Dilly to have it asap so just booked the first appointment available. The vet just did the injection, it was drawn up before we entered the room and so couldnt then teach me as it was done. My next 2 appointments are booked with Sheryls husband and I have a Sheryl in between - I have so much confidence in her that I almost dont trust anyone else with him.

We had a little spark of Dilly back last night. I came in late with 3 bags of shopping. It was pouring down so I dumped them in the dining room and went back out to sort the car. Coming back into the house I was pleased to see all my shopping all over the dining room floor and Dilly sat in the shopping bag eating a turnip.

Dilly and his help
    20200117_200311[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

You can see the syphilis under his chin on this one, its wet and hanging down underneath. I hope to see a difference in it now he has had his penicillin.
    20200117_102455[1] by mark andra, on Flickr

Wise Old Thumper

Naughtiness can sometimes be so welcome

Tethra was able to have a more concentrated dose of Penicillin (every other day to start with). It may be that it will take more than one dose to show any effect on the Syphilis, but at least the one dose should prevent it deteriorating. I'm sorry that you didn't get to practice the injections. My guess is that having done it before, no matter how long ago, you'll soon feel confident in giving them again.

It’s beautiful to see those photos of dilly and Susan enjoying kale and turnip.
    I hope the injections start to work quickly for dilly.
    Sending nose rubs for dilly. X
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

I'm so sorry I seem to have missed the latest updates on this thread. Really sorry to hear about Dillys problems, I hope that the meds will help him. Your latest post and photo really made me smile, I love a helpful bun sending loads of vibes for your gorgeous boy xxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

I’m glad to see that he was feeling well enough to help unload the shopping lovely photos

I hope the injections help quickly xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx