• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A friend for Dillon - sad update post 811.

Yes, as J&B says, I’ve always found bunnies wee on soft stuff. The only exception was my bridge bunny Boots :love: Frosty and Fern usually reside in a cat tree tower each, sometimes in the same one but usually they go in different ones, so I wouldn’t worry about the bond. On the subject of the cat tree, *whispers * they have never done a wee on or in there, that’s kind of fleece material stuck onto wood. Apparently it’s very comfortable for a bunny to sleep on, so fleece or blanket stretched over something might work:? I think something quick drying like fleece or something like vetbed might be good.

Thank you J&B and Zoobec for your replies, I will look at stretching fabric over something and see if that works. The blankets they have now are fleece so thats a good thing.

J&B - do you need me to do a washer load for you? I hope you get sorted soon, there is a very cheap chap in Colne for washers. I will try and find his number for you.

Thank you J&B and Zoobec for your replies, I will look at stretching fabric over something and see if that works. The blankets they have now are fleece so thats a good thing.

J&B - do you need me to do a washer load for you? I hope you get sorted soon, there is a very cheap chap in Colne for washers. I will try and find his number for you.

Aww that's very sweet. I spent ages hand washing loads (2 days worth) of flooring / bedding, took ages - especially wringing it out, then had one last go at machine & it worked. Then it wouldn't again :lol: When it did go it was in full sun & I wondered if heat affects the digital display thingy. Then OH came home & opened it all up but not entirely confident will work when its back together. On the plus side OH works as TV & white goods installer - his employers are happy for staff to rehome washing machines & such (saves them the expense of getting rid I guess). One will come along for free sooner or later. In the meantime we'll use the laundry service or I'll send him to laundrette

Aww that's very sweet. I spent ages hand washing loads (2 days worth) of flooring / bedding, took ages - especially wringing it out, then had one last go at machine & it worked. Then it wouldn't again :lol: When it did go it was in full sun & I wondered if heat affects the digital display thingy. Then OH came home & opened it all up but not entirely confident will work when its back together. On the plus side OH works as TV & white goods installer - his employers are happy for staff to rehome washing machines & such (saves them the expense of getting rid I guess). One will come along for free sooner or later. In the meantime we'll use the laundry service or I'll send him to laundrette

No worries, love the fact that you are sending him to the laundrette :)

Dilly and Susan went for their MOT and boosters yesterday. Susan is fat and Dilly has lost more weight. Dilly (as I have always though) hates travelling and it really knocks him off his socks. He spent yesterday under the dining table, I ended up putting his bed under there and a pile of hay. He didnt come out apart from to nip to the loo. This morning I went to collect my son from work at 7am when I got back he was back in the lounge with Susan - I hope that means he feels better.

I hope that Dilly continues to improve. Mine had their vaccs and health check last week with a similar result. Tui was told her tummy was too round and both buns hate travelling. Lot of vibes for Dilly.

It sounds like he is his usual self now, I hope he continues to improve. Mine both hate travelling to the vets, Frosty sulks for an hour at least. Fern is better once the fibafirst comes out :lol:

It sounds like he is his usual self now, I hope he continues to improve. Mine both hate travelling to the vets, Frosty sulks for an hour at least. Fern is better once the fibafirst comes out :lol:

I keep hearing about fibafirst but dont know what it is?

Oh Tui, I am sure you are not too round - you are just beautiful - it is reassuring to know that other buns hate the journey.

I keep hearing about fibafirst but dont know what it is?

Oh Tui, I am sure you are not too round - you are just beautiful - it is reassuring to know that other buns hate the journey.

They are delicious, according to my bunnies. But some bunnies don’t like them,I’m not sure if you can get samples but I could send you some for them to try, if you’d like? If you PM me your address I will send some :thumb: They are only sold in 2kg boxes, so you need to know if they’d like them really! I get mine on subscription from amazon :thumb: https://supremepetfoods.com/fiba-first-2/

They are delicious, according to my bunnies. But some bunnies don’t like them,I’m not sure if you can get samples but I could send you some for them to try, if you’d like? If you PM me your address I will send some :thumb: They are only sold in 2kg boxes, so you need to know if they’d like them really! I get mine on subscription from amazon :thumb: https://supremepetfoods.com/fiba-first-2/

Thank you, that is really kind and I would happily pay the postage etc. I will send my address.

Dilly is such a sensitive wee soul. Its hard work trying to manage bunnies weights. I hope you have some success & that he is feeling much more settled now x

As mentioned earlier Dilly does react badly to his injections and boosters - this year is no exception and today he was rushed to the vets again. He is now in for 48 on a drip and has been diagnosed with a flair up of his EC compounded with liver and kidney failure. I am heartbroken.
They have emailed me the results of the blood test and they are so high compared to the normal ranges.

As he is so poorly we have chosen to leave Susan with us, but wtih the option that she can join him at the vets if needed.

Back