• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cold floor alternative

BeccaT

Young Bun
My boys are indoor bunnies in my lounge. I have wooden floors with some pieces of Lino & cardboard down that the rabbits seem to sit on all the time now the weather is colder. Obviously the floor is cold & I don't blame them for not wanting to sit on it, however, I am wondering whether it would be ok/safe to give them a dog mat/bed as this would be softer & not cold to sit on?? They are chewers of wood but not so much of other things, they have never chewed the fleece blankets they have but my curtains have definitely suffered!

My boys are indoor bunnies in my lounge. I have wooden floors with some pieces of Lino & cardboard down that the rabbits seem to sit on all the time now the weather is colder. Obviously the floor is cold & I don't blame them for not wanting to sit on it, however, I am wondering whether it would be ok/safe to give them a dog mat/bed as this would be softer & not cold to sit on?? They are chewers of wood but not so much of other things, they have never chewed the fleece blankets they have but my curtains have definitely suffered!

Hi Becca

Fleece possibly would get pee'd on, so bear that in mind as well as the chewing.
Cardboard is also good for sitting on :)

I use Ikea mats, and they are quite sturdy and lay flat and aren't rumpled up.

You could also put things for them to sit on? Ikea bunny bed, a low stool (I have a couple of plastic ones).

I am sure they would appreciate a dog bed, but keep an eye on it!

Thanks. I will get some more Lino or carpet off cuts too I think & try them with a dog bed/mat. They like the corner beside my armchair for snuggling together so it'd be nice to get them something to make that space more comfy.

Thanks. I will get some more Lino or carpet off cuts too I think & try them with a dog bed/mat. They like the corner beside my armchair for snuggling together so it'd be nice to get them something to make that space more comfy.

You're welcome :)

It's so often trial and error with bunnies! x

Back