• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Straw and brick dust

Annie_90

Young Bun
We had a builder in last week and unfortunately the boxes of straw we've got have some brick dust on them (thought it would be far enough away). The top of the boxes are sealed with sellotape but there are handles on the side that aren't sealed over.

Is it salvageable or do I need to buy new stuff? I already shake the straw before I put it in the hutch to get rid of any dust, but obviously brick dust is something different.

We had a builder in last week and unfortunately the boxes of straw we've got have some brick dust on them (thought it would be far enough away). The top of the boxes are sealed with sellotape but there are handles on the side that aren't sealed over.

Is it salvageable or do I need to buy new stuff? I already shake the straw before I put it in the hutch to get rid of any dust, but obviously brick dust is something different.

i'm pretty sure there is nothing toxic about brick dust in particular, just not very nice. personally i would replace the straw though.

no plaster dust in it - just brick? plaster dust can sting like mad if it gets in your eyes.

Back