• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

wild rabbit probs

mikek

Warren Veteran
Hi,
my sister has moved house recently. all very nice, nice gardens and all that, but the wild rabbits are creating havoc. :lol:

there's no way of stopping them getting in. just wondering if there are any deterrents? would a sonic cat deterrent thing work?

- the rabbits would not be suffering in any way whatsoever if denied garden access. it is in Devon countryside & they are coming in from the adjacent fields for snacks. very naughty.

She should embrace the wildies, feed them and whilst your there might as well vaccinate them.

Hope that helps

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Protect what you can, sacrifice what you can't? Stop growing tasty things and they'll move on :thumb: That's realistically it :lol:

one persons heaven is anothers hell. For me this would be heaven. I'm so happy every time I hear of wild bunnies thriving. I have to say I like Loobers answer

I'm also with loobers on this. We'd be doing a great dis-service to rabbits everywhere if we didn't embrace their lives including wildies. I would consider it an honour to be habited by wildies but obviously would be mindful of the mixy issue. Embrace and enjoy- that's my motto.

There are plants which rabbits won't eat - bulb based mostly. We moved into a house with a garden full of them. Garden also has rabbit proof fencing round it. We didn't have any rabbit damage last summer although our neighbour did.

Back