• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I’ve been keeping a little secret! Pic heavy!U/D p93 Frosty towers is back!

Zoobec

Staff member
Well, a medium sized secret :lol: Frosty has got a wifebun :love:

I decided he needed a friend, and Angie at BARC had just the right girl to try with him. She is beautiful, about 6 months old and already spayed. I collected her on Saturday afternoon, and started the bonding yesterday at about 12:30 . There was no aggression, some chasing by Frosty and mounting by him, they were both eating and drinking and washing themselves, and she flopped a couple of times, one for enough time to nearly fall asleep but was both times rudely awakened by Frosty. She was demanding to be groomed from the beginning After less than 2 hours he started grooming her, he groomed her lots over the course of the next couple of hours. She was being very demanding of grooming and then in the evening tried to mount him, which then started a circling and fur pulling episode which was escalating so I slid a dustpan between them. They then went back to eating and flopping but whenever each of them went up to each other they were really nervous and flinching and running away . He sulked for a bit and then went over and started grooming her again. Then both flopped out about a foot apart.

I slept next to the pen last night, there wasn’t anything happening apart from peaceful activity and very noisy hay eating, they seem to have settled down nicely after the fur pulling episode yesterday. He’s given up the humping I think and she’s not quite so insistent that he grooms her!

This morning they kept spooking each other a bit, he binkyed next to her so she was a bit :shock: then she came to be next to him, flopped out but kicked him in the face with her front leg, so he was a bit :shock: at that and moved away. He’s been asking to be groomed since this morning, and she groomed him this afternoon :love:

The pen was quite big, I started off by making it about 5ft x 3ft ish, I used 5 panels plus some wall space for one side so they’ve got quite a bit of space to move around. This afternoon I extended it with one more panel and they are having a binkytastic time :love:

All in all I’m really happy with how it’s all going so far. Her name at BARC was Macadamia but it’s a bit of a mouthful and doesn’t sound quite right with Frosty so now it seems to be going well we are trying to think of names.

There are quite a few young bunnies at BARC that were rescued from the same situation, rabbits were being allowed to breed in a garden and then sold off to a restaurant:cry:

I’d like to thank Angie for letting me adopt her, and Jack’s Jane for all the advice and help she’s given me :love:

wRO0w4W.jpg

4CqdNue.jpg

yItefTP.jpg

Last edited:
Aww, she's extremely pretty and matches Frosty in size :love: What a lovely Christmas present for him (and her of course).

You'll be able to watch them both on the bunny cam :love:

Eeek! She’s a little beauty! [emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590]

I’m really pleased the bonding is going well so far and they do look very happy together [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love is in the air !! :love: :love:

I am so pleased that things are progressing really well :D As I said to you, even after all these years bonding still fills me with terror :oops:

I am looking forward to ongoing updates :D

Aww, she's extremely pretty and matches Frosty in size :love: What a lovely Christmas present for him (and her of course).

You'll be able to watch them both on the bunny cam :love:

Thanks :love: yes, she’s quite a small bunny, she has a bit more growing to do but I don’t think she will be a very big bunny. So I’ll be able to manage them both in the carrier for Vets visits :thumb:

Eeek! She’s a little beauty! [emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590]

I’m really pleased the bonding is going well so far and they do look very happy together [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thankyou :love:

Love is in the air !! :love: :love:

I am so pleased that things are progressing really well :D As I said to you, even after all these years bonding still fills me with terror :oops:

I am looking forward to ongoing updates :D

Yes :thumb: I’ve been so excited but nervous, really wanted them to get on and I’m so relieved at the moment. They are currently working as a team, ripping the cardboard on the floor of the pen :lol:

Thankyou :love:

Yes :thumb: I’ve been so excited but nervous, really wanted them to get on and I’m so relieved at the moment. They are currently working as a team, ripping the cardboard on the floor of the pen :lol:

Oh no, double trouble from now on then :lol:

Well, a medium sized secret :lol: Frosty has got a wifebun :love:

I decided he needed a friend, and Angie at BARC had just the right girl to try with him. She is beautiful, about 6 months old and already spayed. I collected her on Saturday afternoon, and started the bonding yesterday at about 12:30 . There was no aggression, some chasing by Frosty and mounting by him, they were both eating and drinking and washing themselves, and she flopped a couple of times, one for enough time to nearly fall asleep but was both times rudely awakened by Frosty. She was demanding to be groomed from the beginning After less than 2 hours he started grooming her, he groomed her lots over the course of the next couple of hours. She was being very demanding of grooming and then in the evening tried to mount him, which then started a circling and fur pulling episode which was escalating so I slid a dustpan between them. They then went back to eating and flopping but whenever each of them went up to each other they were really nervous and flinching and running away . He sulked for a bit and then went over and started grooming her again. Then both flopped out about a foot apart.

I slept next to the pen last night, there wasn’t anything happening apart from peaceful activity and very noisy hay eating, they seem to have settled down nicely after the fur pulling episode yesterday. He’s given up the humping I think and she’s not quite so insistent that he grooms her!

This morning they kept spooking each other a bit, he binkyed next to her so she was a bit :shock: then she came to be next to him, flopped out but kicked him in the face with her front leg, so he was a bit :shock: at that and moved away. He’s been asking to be groomed since this morning, and she groomed him this afternoon :love:

The pen was quite big, I started off by making it about 5ft x 3ft ish, I used 5 panels plus some wall space for one side so they’ve got quite a bit of space to move around. This afternoon I extended it with one more panel and they are having a binkytastic time :love:

All in all I’m really happy with how it’s all going so far. Her name at BARC was Macadamia but it’s a bit of a mouthful and doesn’t sound quite right with Frosty so now it seems to be going well we are trying to think of names.

There are quite a few young bunnies at BARC that were rescued from the same situation, rabbits were being allowed to breed in a garden and then sold off to a restaurant:cry:

I’d like to thank Angie for letting me adopt her, and Jack’s Jane for all the advice and help she’s given me :love:

wRO0w4W.jpg

4CqdNue.jpg

yItefTP.jpg

They look like they are made for each other :love:

I have never had a male/female bonding to fail, and I am sure you won't either :D

What a lovely Christmas pressie for Frosty, and a lucky break for the little nut xx

Back