Thread: Using the run as a toilet!

Default Using the run as a toilet!

Hi all,

Now that Finx and Tango have moved indoors, Doris and Pepper have moved into the playhouse and run.

I expected some scent marking but D&P have taken to using the end of the run as a litter tray, although when indoors they happily use the playhouse tray.

It's a nightmare to keep on top of sweeping and it needs sorting before summer as will attract flies. I thought about putting trays in the corners they've chosen but it's not at the covered end so they'll just get rained on!

Any tips appreciated

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Wise Old Thumper

They like to mark the farthest point of their territory. I just try to clean it up as well as I can. I wish I had an answer but I don't. They are all more or less the same.

Mine too, cant clean it properly cos its meshed on the bottom of the run!

Warren Veteran

Mine do the same. It is on grass at the moment and difficult to clean up. I wish I knew someone with a compost bin as apparently bunny droppings are quite sought after - and I have a lot!!!! I clean their trays by torchlight as it is dark when I go to work and dark when I come home - but the run has been left until I get some time off.