• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

testing webcam setup...working !

setup 4 (out of a total of 16) webcam in the rabbit hall the other day

seems to be holding up over the last 2 days

this morning, I watched the bunnies as dawn broken and light came into the hall

spotted bitsey annoying every bun-else because she is the only one loose in the hall

next few weeks will be spent sorting out the longer cables to get the cameras into strategic positions and setup youtube streaming

yayyyy !!!

:love: I’ve just set one up, it’s great to see what they get up to when you aren’t there :thumb:

Thankyou for sharing: I have found shelter inspiration :D

FYI

only 4 cameras working at the moment....not sure why :?

I have 3 more cameras connected (2 the same as the first 4), they are recognised by windows, but not usable by the streaming software

I might just connect them to a second PC down the other end of the hall to spy on the other rascals and give up on the longer cables

the other problem I am having is that live streaming for 3hours at 1280x720 30 fps used up about 10GB of my monthly 100GB mobile data allowance...I will have to drop the frame rate right down, and maybe adjust to a lower resolution, especially if I have another streaming session down the hall

the final challenge is that the webcams don't work in the dark...last night I left the lights on, so they worked fine, I will need to think on how to solve this one

white one (bitsey) still munching this morning...I thought I gave them equal shares of broccoli, kale and carrots...she seems to be pacing herself

eakey still digging holes in her straw

likey is now digging too

Not sure if your bunny mad or minted or both

just bunny mad, with a strong sense of obligation

of the 16, 13 were born into my care, and I take my responsibilities seriously

I don't mind the responsibility, especially when after 2.5 weeks away (with webcam setup went down just as I went away for xmas ...grrrrr), I went to see them today and they were all so pleased to see me !

webcams should be back up by the end of the week, I've ordered a new mobile router that will hopefully avoid the wifi going offline, and both streaming PCs will be connected to youtube, so all 16 will finally be youtube stars :lol:

if anybun is interested, I supplemented the existing webcams with wireless ir webcams

1080p yi dome webcams sold by amazon, there is a promotion on at the mo £28.49 for the white ones

I can now see them in the dark, and the new webcams are motorised so they can pan left/right up/down...no need for a PC, can view via mobile app or PC/mac app

I am really impressed by the quality

This is just lush. What a fabulous wonderful set up.

I have moved over to the yi dome IR cameras...

7 installed over the pens today, looking down on the little rascals

another 2 arriving on monday to give the full complement of 9 that the PC app displays concurrently

one over each pen, and one at each end of the hall

mobile data usage is really good too, less than 1GB per day...

it is so nice to be able to check on them with a few simple clicks on the mobile phone or PC...and regardless of whether it is day or night

I still have the youtube streaming webcams in-place, but unless someone asks/or I need, I think I will just use them for backup during the day

Back