• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

any spare vibes for Luna // update #32

I have so many vibes and loves for Luna. Come on girl you can do this. Please get better xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

thank you all xx I'm really hoping she pulls through. you guy's support always makes me tear up.

my head is filled with everything so idk if I mentioned, but this seems to be due to a bladder infection :( she had peed herself on thursday as she had a very wet bottom. they tested her urine and it came back positive. so she's on antibiotics for that right now, hence the stasis.

its just a roller coaster. thursday she came home and had a nibble, a hop, she seemed "okay", not as she should be but not like this either. overnight she just took a turn for the worst I guess.

we'll see how things are tomorrow. I'm trying to stay on the positive side. I hope tomorrow my mom calls me and tells me she's back to normal, and has a story from the vets about the mayhem she caused overnight.

thank you all xx I'm really hoping she pulls through. you guy's support always makes me tear up.

my head is filled with everything so idk if I mentioned, but this seems to be due to a bladder infection :( she had peed herself on thursday as she had a very wet bottom. they tested her urine and it came back positive. so she's on antibiotics for that right now, hence the stasis.

its just a roller coaster. thursday she came home and had a nibble, a hop, she seemed "okay", not as she should be but not like this either. overnight she just took a turn for the worst I guess.

we'll see how things are tomorrow. I'm trying to stay on the positive side. I hope tomorrow my mom calls me and tells me she's back to normal, and has a story from the vets about the mayhem she caused overnight.

Hopefully as well as the meds lots of fluid therapy will not only help re her gut stasis but it'll also help her kidneys flush out the infection. It may take a couple of days before improvement can be seen, but try not to think the worst. Bladder infections can make Rabbits (and humans!!) feel really rubbish. They can be painful too so that can slow the GI tract down.

Here's hoping for a more positive update today xx

Oh bladder infections are the pits :( They always make a rabbit feel rough ...

Fluids are excellent for that as they help flush out deposits, bacteria etc etc ..

Good for you being positive. Hope things get better all round soon x

Have just caught up on all this, what a horrible situation. I really hope she is feeling better this morning xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh yes I know :( as a person who gets frequent bladder infections I know how it is. I always end up curled in a ball and not moving or wanting to eat. I usually stock up on the cranberry juice and pills [emoji28] ofc I can’t do that with Luna.

I think that’s why they wanted her in anyway, to give her lots of fluids and try and flush out the infection.

but as for some good news - she’s home now!! [emoji3526] she’s improved a hell of a lot overnight, but not fully. they found them this morning sat together side by side with the mesh between them, they’re really stuck at the hip [emoji3059]

she’s eating for herself a bit and is running around. which is a huge improvement than before.

if she does go downhill though or doesn’t continue to improve she needs to go to the OOH vets. i’m hoping that isn’t the case.

I can’t update the title as I’m on mobile :(

I’m so glad she is home, fingers crossed she continues to improve:thumb: I can edit your title to read update post 32 :thumb:

oh yes I know :( as a person who gets frequent bladder infections I know how it is. I always end up curled in a ball and not moving or wanting to eat. I usually stock up on the cranberry juice and pills [emoji28] ofc I can’t do that with Luna.

I think that’s why they wanted her in anyway, to give her lots of fluids and try and flush out the infection.

but as for some good news - she’s home now!! [emoji3526] she’s improved a hell of a lot overnight, but not fully. they found them this morning sat together side by side with the mesh between them, they’re really stuck at the hip [emoji3059]

she’s eating for herself a bit and is running around. which is a huge improvement than before.

if she does go downhill though or doesn’t continue to improve she needs to go to the OOH vets. i’m hoping that isn’t the case.

I can’t update the title as I’m on mobile :(

Great news that she is home and eating for herself :)

Vibes for continuing improvement :thumb:

Back