• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

any spare vibes for Luna // update #32

thank you all xx

mom is having serious issues with getting her meds in her :( thankfully a friend who has buns also is coming over to help out :love: mom feels bad as she's coming out of her way to go to them, but she insisted she only wants a snuggle with both of them and a cup of coffee :lol: that's the type of thing I would say.

Luna is getting better but she's not there 100% yet. she's eating but not as much as she should. the hay went down overnight but not as much as usual from either of them. I can only imagine that they're both quite stressed out from the whole ordeal, being at the vets twice and then spending the night in a weird place, and especially apart. I hope in a couple of days they'll settle.

just my biggest concern with all of this is that this will affect Luna's teeth with her not eating. it wasn't that long ago that she had a dental and she really does not react well to anaesthetic, I would hate for her to have to go under yet again. I'm trying to put it out of my mind as it fills me with stress - but I know if she did I'd have to go home to take care of her, depending on whats happening I might have to go home alone which would be difficult for me in itself. not only because I am stuck at the hip with K, but because being by myself and trying to navigate the airports and then train system back home would be pretty meh :?

I know I'm getting too ahead of myself here.

she has a check up on thursday, I'm gonna ask mom to make sure her teeth are checked so she's in the clear there. I really hope that her teeth are fine and we're lucky in that sense.

apparently Orion has been furiously scenting everything and moving everything around again. he's also been chewing everything in sight :lol: I think its his way of showing his disgust.

thank you all xx

mom is having serious issues with getting her meds in her :( thankfully a friend who has buns also is coming over to help out :love: mom feels bad as she's coming out of her way to go to them, but she insisted she only wants a snuggle with both of them and a cup of coffee :lol: that's the type of thing I would say.

Luna is getting better but she's not there 100% yet. she's eating but not as much as she should. the hay went down overnight but not as much as usual from either of them. I can only imagine that they're both quite stressed out from the whole ordeal, being at the vets twice and then spending the night in a weird place, and especially apart. I hope in a couple of days they'll settle.

just my biggest concern with all of this is that this will affect Luna's teeth with her not eating. it wasn't that long ago that she had a dental and she really does not react well to anaesthetic, I would hate for her to have to go under yet again. I'm trying to put it out of my mind as it fills me with stress - but I know if she did I'd have to go home to take care of her, depending on whats happening I might have to go home alone which would be difficult for me in itself. not only because I am stuck at the hip with K, but because being by myself and trying to navigate the airports and then train system back home would be pretty meh :?

she has a check up on thursday, I'm gonna ask mom to make sure her teeth are checked so she's in the clear there. I really hope that her teeth are fine and we're lucky in that sense.

apparently Orion has been furiously scenting everything and moving everything around again. he's also been chewing everything in sight :lol: I think its his way of showing his disgust.

I know it's easy for me to say, but try not over-think things that may not even happen. Try to focus on the fact that Luna seems to be responding well to treatment and with your Mum's friend's help Luna is continuing to get all her meds. Hopefully by Thursday Luna will be fully recovered and Orion will have gotten over his strop !

thank you all xx

I know I used to worry that things like this would upset the teeth wearing properly etc, but experience has shown that this isn't the case. Try to focus on the present and not concern about that right now. Sorry, I know that's difficult.

Vibes for Thursday and a good check up :)

I’m glad she is doing better, and it’s good in a way she’s being feisty with her meds, shows she is feeling good in herself. I know I was worried about Frosty’s teeth when he wouldn’t eat properly after his dental, but I’m sure she will soon be back to her normal eating habits, just as he is.

Topping up the vibes and hugs xx

thank you all xx

I know in reality I'm working myself up over nothing or the unknown, or something that might not even happen. I'm really trying not too. I've told mom to make sure that they check her teeth, and she wants to get their claws clipped too. I'm really trying to focus on the here and now, I know I'm getting carried away but its just still in the back of my mind ticking over :(

I think Orion wants payback, I feel sorry for my mom :lol: I hope he settles soon. he's doing everything and anything to cause mayhem! he somehow got behind the bed earlier, got stuck, totally flipped out being scared. my mom thought something serious had happened and she just saw Orion's butt sticking out. she grabbed him, set him down, he gave one large THUMP and then "flicked dirt" at her.

the very odd thing is is that they're both uninterested in pellet or fibrefirst sticks :shock: :shock: :shock: mom sent me a picture of them both laying down with a bowl of pellet, just totally ignoring it. apparently they'd much rather some redigrass. whatever gets them eating I suppose, a bit odd though as they usually go nuts!!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that thursday goes ok. but I do agree, fighting her meds is a good sign. unless its metacam. she still likes that one. mom even tried to trick her into giving her metacam, pulling away and giving the gut stimulant, didn't work :lol:

Back