• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Potty Training

SandyBunny

Young Bun
Sandy has been potted trained for about 3-4 weeks or so I thought....

She chose the back left corner to pee so put her toilet there and was using it consistently but now she's decided to use a different corner to pee. Do I have to keep changing corners?

How old is she? And is she spayed? Do you use hay in/over or next to the trays,that encourages them to toilet there. Also it might be worth getting a bigger tray, that sometimes helps. A lot of us use low underbed storage boxes as a litter tray.

Sometimes one toilet is not enough :lol: my bunny has 2 in different places but is really good at using them.

If you mop up any wee with some kitchen roll, put wee soaked kitchen roll in the tray and clean well, then neutralise with a 50/50 mix of vinegar/water that should help.

She's 4 months old now and isn't due to be sprayed around February time. I've tried hay but she poops in the actual hay LOL

All mine have 32 litre under bed storage boxes with newspaper and hay in. They like to wee and poo as they eat! They also have magazine racks filled with hay.

Indoor rabbits

2lawlde.jpg

9jq32r.jpg

outdoor rabbits

wv8hf9.jpg

dm34li.jpg

I’m sure once she is spayed then her litter training will improve, once her hormones have subsided. A large litter tray with hay away from the end she uses as the toilet will help I’m sure.

Back