• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Healthy Pet Club

SandyBunny

Young Bun
This is only a UK thing.

Is anyone a part of this? I am, its £9.99 a month and you sign up a your vet practice and you don't pay the £40+ for annual vaccinations, unlimited nail trimming, 20% discount off spaying and neutering, health check every 6 months, fly strike treatment in the warmer months, 10% off products and services, free 1KG bag of food or hay once a month and 20% off dental treatment.

I know not everyone is actually aware of this but think its pretty good for £9.99 a month along side your insurance.

Last edited:
I am, works out well for us, especially as neither of my buns will cooperate and let me trim their nails. I manage to sneakily snip every now and then but can never get the back nails, so take them to the vet for a nail trim. The hay's pretty good too Burgess with marigold so worth around £5-£6.

Thanks for posting this. I have only just got my first rabbits and this would give me peace of mind for some things. Off to the vets tomorrow so will enquire then as it sounds a really good deal.
Do you know if it can be used for the first lot of vaccinations or is it just the yearly ones after that?

Thanks for posting this. I have only just got my first rabbits and this would give me peace of mind for some things. Off to the vets tomorrow so will enquire then as it sounds a really good deal.
Do you know if it can be used for the first lot of vaccinations or is it just the yearly ones after that?

It covers myxomatosis and RVHD1 first lot and then their yearly booster, but doesn't cover RVHD2 as of yet but they told me they are hoping to include the RVHD2 into the package next year hopefully.

It covers myxomatosis and RVHD1 first lot and then their yearly booster, but doesn't cover RVHD2 as of yet but they told me they are hoping to include the RVHD2 into the package next year hopefully.

Yes they where In talks end this year about covering the new rhd2 vaccine, I keep asking, and will keep asking them to see if any further forward with plans of when will be included
You also get free microchipping

This sounds like such a good deal. Is it avalible at all vets? And two out of 3 vaccines is good even if they don’t cover the RVHD2. Is it just one monthly payment or is it per animal? Went to the vets today but didn’t ask about it as I very much doubt I will be using them again

Some vets have similiar, the healthy Dr club is pay monthly per rabbit they cover the one vaccine nobivac at moment which covers myxi/rhd1
Vets4pets do a vaccs for life scheme where you pay say hundred pound and vaccines covered for the life of your rabbit, cat, dog

This sounds like such a good deal. Is it avalible at all vets? And two out of 3 vaccines is good even if they don’t cover the RVHD2. Is it just one monthly payment or is it per animal? Went to the vets today but didn’t ask about it as I very much doubt I will be using them again

Quoted wrong person

Just read the RVHD2 is now free with the plan on their website. Listed under benifits.

There is two companies with similar names. Healthy pet club and THE healthy pet club. For The Healthy Pet Club, RVHD2 is currently not free and is a separate charge. I double checked and doesn’t state it’s free at all.

https://imgur.com/a/t2uRNtn

^click link

This is what they told me Facebook. Would be in their plan sometime in 2019.

Some vets have similiar, the healthy Dr club is pay monthly per rabbit they cover the one vaccine nobivac at moment which covers myxi/rhd1
Vets4pets do a vaccs for life scheme where you pay say hundred pound and vaccines covered for the life of your rabbit, cat, dog

Just tried to look up the healthy Dr club but couldn’t find any thing.

Hello, just an update in case you're not aware. The Healthy Pet Club (this one https://www.thehealthypetclub.co.uk/) now includes VHD2 in the vaccinations covered in their scheme.
I know because on 21 Jan 2019 they emailed me to let me know VHD2 now included, so the buns had their VHD2 vax on 25 Jan. I then received a vet bill !!
I've been in touch with vets, they explained that the Scheme does include VHD2 but starting from 01 Feb 2019. However they understood the confusion that the email I received caused and have waived the bill in a gesture of good will.
So all good. Just have to get buns ready next month for the Myxi combi (they hate the vets, one of them growled last time - I was shocked they normally only make a little noise when they're excited and getting ready to dig :D)

Back