Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Appalling Vet Exam

I'm so pleased that you are feeling a bit better now, you do wonder why some of them become vets ! Good for you for changing, better a longer journey to a vet that you trust. Hope Yuki is feeling better now, bless him xxx
    [IMG][/IMG

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by Pets mum View Post
    I'm so pleased that you are feeling a bit better now, you do wonder why some of them become vets ! Good for you for changing, better a longer journey to a vet that you trust. Hope Yuki is feeling better now, bless him xxx
    He seems to be more-or-less back to his normal self, thankfully.

Wise Old Thumper

Glad Yuki is ok and unless rabbit is completely out of control and in danger of injuring itself no reason to trance..and I've not yet met a rabbit that needed it. I will put buns on backs in my arms to examine but not trance the difference is huge and dangerous.
    Glad you are able to get to your trusted vet xx
    Jill

Update:

Got a letter from the head VN today.

They've apologised profusely for the vet's actions. They have also credited the value of the vaccination to my account and offered Yuki a free healthcheck with an appropriate vet.

In addition, they have informed me that the vet in question will no longer be working at the practice after 21st of December.

I'm very grateful for the response. The most important part is the vet leaving. However, I'm also still likely to move the 'exotics' to see our trusted vet again. The practice still has good cat vets for Zara.

That's a really good response, so pleased that they have taken this seriously. Wonder what else the vet has done maybe others have complained too !
    [IMG][/IMG

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tlcwrites View Post
    Update:

Got a letter from the head VN today.

They've apologised profusely for the vet's actions. They have also credited the value of the vaccination to my account and offered Yuki a free healthcheck with an appropriate vet.

In addition, they have informed me that the vet in question will no longer be working at the practice after 21st of December.

I'm very grateful for the response. The most important part is the vet leaving. However, I'm also still likely to move the 'exotics' to see our trusted vet again. The practice still has good cat vets for Zara.

Wow that's a really good result!

I won't write here what I thought of the vet you mentioned

Yuki is back to his fuss-demanding treat-begging, rest-of-group-annoying, dead-bunny-flopping ways. So after still being a little out of sorts but mostly ok yesterday, to his 100% normal self.

Thank goodness for no lasting damage. And thank goodness we were there for routine purposes, and not for an emergency matter.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Wow that's a really good result!

I won't write here what I thought of the vet you mentioned
    "I have him nice and secure, he's comfortable and fine. How do you think he looks?"
    "He looks scared to death!"
    "Well then, we have a difference of opinion and I cannot examine him. Shall I just vaccinate him and you can leave?"

All this while he still held poor Yuki in trance!

OH was staring daggers at him. He said to me afterwards, 'I don't know as much as you about rabbits, so I didn't say anything, but even I know how wrong that is!'

Thank goodness he's leaving. I know I wasn't the first to complain (I don't know the manner of other complaints) but considering he has a week left, I may not end up being the last. I feel really sorry for the rest of the staff. They've had their best vets (from my perspective) leave and are scrambling for locums. And in the meantime, they have to work with him. Thankfully they still have a good cat vet, but she has very little interest in exotics. But the exotics vets leave because they aren't getting enough exposure to exotics. At times, my rabbits were pretty much every other patient.
    Last edited by tlcwrites; 14-12-2018 at 03:11 PM.

Mama Doe

Read this with a lump in my throat What a horrible experience for Yuki and you.I travel quite a distance to my vet.I think if you find one you like and trust they are worth their weight in gold.

Oh - gosh. Firstly, I am so pleased Yuki is back to himself and what a horrible traumatic experience.
    Secondly, for what my input is worth, in my opinion, your heart leads you because you know what is best for your rabbit. And you know your vet so I would say that you go with you rold vet. YOu have to go with who you trust, regatrdless of (no pun intended) the carrots dangled by the new vet. It's all good and well them acknowledging the errors now, but don't forget they were the ones who employed the new vet. Their procedures lapsed and they should have been able to see what this vet was like prior to the appointment.
    I'm sorry - it really does grind my cogs. And it's not the first time I've heard this. I am right with you.
    Hugs to you and a nose rub to poor Yuki. x

Quote Originally Posted by Craig 1965 View Post
    Oh - gosh. Firstly, I am so pleased Yuki is back to himself and what a horrible traumatic experience.
    Secondly, for what my input is worth, in my opinion, your heart leads you because you know what is best for your rabbit. And you know your vet so I would say that you go with you rold vet. YOu have to go with who you trust, regatrdless of (no pun intended) the carrots dangled by the new vet. It's all good and well them acknowledging the errors now, but don't forget they were the ones who employed the new vet. Their procedures lapsed and they should have been able to see what this vet was like prior to the appointment.
    I'm sorry - it really does grind my cogs. And it's not the first time I've heard this. I am right with you.
    Hugs to you and a nose rub to poor Yuki. x
    We moved and followed the 2 vets we trust. Well, the cats are staying there (there are good cat vets there) but everyone else has moved. The peace of mind has been worth it. Especially so as Fabala has been ill recently. The vet who tranced Yuki is long gone (since before Christmas) but it was a case of 'once bitten, twice shy.'

I do still wonder about the psychological trauma on Yuki. Previously, he travelled just fine and was okay at the vets. Now he's much more nervous, and he's been there and back a load of times because of Fabala. Last time, Bala had a conscious eye duct flush and had to be taken out back for attention. She was lovely, friendly, cheerful and curious with the staff. He was a quivering wreck. It's nothing like how he used to be when travelling.
    Last edited by tlcwrites; 26-03-2019 at 06:49 AM.