Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Appalling Vet Exam

  1. #11
    Warren Veteran Pets mum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    5,929

    Default

    I'm so pleased that you are feeling a bit better now, you do wonder why some of them become vets ! Good for you for changing, better a longer journey to a vet that you trust. Hope Yuki is feeling better now, bless him xxx
    [IMG][/IMG]

  2. #12
    Mama Doe tlcwrites's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    3,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pets mum View Post
    I'm so pleased that you are feeling a bit better now, you do wonder why some of them become vets ! Good for you for changing, better a longer journey to a vet that you trust. Hope Yuki is feeling better now, bless him xxx
    He seems to be more-or-less back to his normal self, thankfully.
    Twitter: @tlcwrites
    Owned by:

    *Nyssa & Zara cats*Aurora tortoise*Zeta & Theta guinea pigs*Uraya hamster*
    Missing rabbits Nessarose, Archimedes, Lelantos, Galinda, Takumi, Apollo, Iris, Arce, Meadowbloom, my beautiful Elphie, & Erasmus Chipper
    Hopping Mad - Bespoke timber homes and accessories for small pets.
    TLC's Home for Wayward Buns now has a Facebook Page! Feel free to like us for regular updates on them.

  3. #13
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Honeybunnies Leicester
    Posts
    33,978

    Default

    Glad Yuki is ok and unless rabbit is completely out of control and in danger of injuring itself no reason to trance..and I've not yet met a rabbit that needed it. I will put buns on backs in my arms to examine but not trance the difference is huge and dangerous.
    Glad you are able to get to your trusted vet xx
    Jill

  4. #14
    Mama Doe tlcwrites's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    3,515

    Default

    Update:

    Got a letter from the head VN today.

    They've apologised profusely for the vet's actions. They have also credited the value of the vaccination to my account and offered Yuki a free healthcheck with an appropriate vet.

    In addition, they have informed me that the vet in question will no longer be working at the practice after 21st of December.

    I'm very grateful for the response. The most important part is the vet leaving. However, I'm also still likely to move the 'exotics' to see our trusted vet again. The practice still has good cat vets for Zara.

  5. #15
    Warren Veteran Pets mum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    5,929

    Default

    That's a really good response, so pleased that they have taken this seriously. Wonder what else the vet has done maybe others have complained too !
    [IMG][/IMG]

  6. #16
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    44,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tlcwrites View Post
    Update:

    Got a letter from the head VN today.

    They've apologised profusely for the vet's actions. They have also credited the value of the vaccination to my account and offered Yuki a free healthcheck with an appropriate vet.

    In addition, they have informed me that the vet in question will no longer be working at the practice after 21st of December.

    I'm very grateful for the response. The most important part is the vet leaving. However, I'm also still likely to move the 'exotics' to see our trusted vet again. The practice still has good cat vets for Zara.

    Wow that's a really good result!

    I won't write here what I thought of the vet you mentioned
    “If you're your authentic self, you have no competition.”

    Need Info on RHD2?
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ry-2019/page42

  7. #17
    Mama Doe tlcwrites's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    3,515

    Default

    Yuki is back to his fuss-demanding treat-begging, rest-of-group-annoying, dead-bunny-flopping ways. So after still being a little out of sorts but mostly ok yesterday, to his 100% normal self.

    Thank goodness for no lasting damage. And thank goodness we were there for routine purposes, and not for an emergency matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Wow that's a really good result!

    I won't write here what I thought of the vet you mentioned
    "I have him nice and secure, he's comfortable and fine. How do you think he looks?"
    "He looks scared to death!"
    "Well then, we have a difference of opinion and I cannot examine him. Shall I just vaccinate him and you can leave?"

    All this while he still held poor Yuki in trance!

    OH was staring daggers at him. He said to me afterwards, 'I don't know as much as you about rabbits, so I didn't say anything, but even I know how wrong that is!'

    Thank goodness he's leaving. I know I wasn't the first to complain (I don't know the manner of other complaints) but considering he has a week left, I may not end up being the last. I feel really sorry for the rest of the staff. They've had their best vets (from my perspective) leave and are scrambling for locums. And in the meantime, they have to work with him. Thankfully they still have a good cat vet, but she has very little interest in exotics. But the exotics vets leave because they aren't getting enough exposure to exotics. At times, my rabbits were pretty much every other patient.
    Last edited by tlcwrites; 14-12-2018 at 04:11 PM.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •