• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding a food obsessed bunny

beckie20

Mama Doe
I know there are no hard and fast answers here, just looking for others thoughts, but my rabbit is currently alone after splitting with his partner a few years ago as they kept fighting. He spent years as an indoor rabbit, hence why he’s been single for so long, but now he’s outdoors I think he could do with company, but (and while I do think he’s calming with age now he’s about 6) he’s really possessive over food, and has been known to growl at me for not feeding him quick enough :shock:

My sisters pair of male rabbits recently gave birth (clearly not the pair of boys they thought they had bought), and I’m considering getting one to pair up with my bunny.

I’m just wondering if it might be better getting two of the babies so he doesn’t have one partner to focus on, if that makes sense?

Having said that, I’ve not bonded rabbits before as I have always gone to rescues in the past, and I know from reading around the forum that trios are not an easy bond!

Personally I would suggest going to a rescue and trying him with a spayed female, if the bond didn’t unfortunately work, they may have others you can try him with, and they may also do the bonding or help with it if needed. If you take on a baby, when her hormones kick in it may cause the bond to break.

Back