• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any recomendations for pet insurance

= £157 per year. not critisising (sp?) your choice on provider, i'm guessing this is typical.
is it really worth it?

i was thinking i should get insured, but at that price i think i'd rather 'pay-as-i-go'.

I'm being charged over £16 a month now for my boy who not 4 yet 😢

I'm being charged over £16 a month now for my boy who not 4 yet [emoji22]
I was quoted about 60 a month for all 4 of mine, two aren't a year... And two are a few months off two years... Which about £15 each per month, it's a bit more can't remember exact amount. Is that a lot then? It was with pet plan.

Sent via carrier pigeon

= £157 per year. not critisising (sp?) your choice on provider, i'm guessing this is typical.
is it really worth it?

i was thinking i should get insured, but at that price i think i'd rather 'pay-as-i-go'.

Definitely worth it, I've paid out nearly £1000 on one of mine in the last week!

is it really worth it?

If you can afford to spend over £2k per year per animal, then you don't need insurance. If you can't, then you do.

I was quoted about 60 a month for all 4 of mine, two aren't a year... And two are a few months off two years... Which about £15 each per month, it's a bit more can't remember exact amount. Is that a lot then? It was with pet plan.

Sent via carrier pigeon

I was only paying £14 a month last year and year before, so it's a big increase, I wasn't paying as much for Mabel when she was 6

is it really worth it?

It is amazing just how expensive they can be when it comes to vet bills so you need to make sure you have an emergency fund set up for them, or a credit card you can use. A bill of £500-600 is nothing out of the ordinary.

Bumping this thread up again

I was planning to insure my younger 4 month bun with PetPlan, but have been quoted £32.00 per month for just her... which seems very steep.

Does any have experience of Exotics Direct?

Thanks x

I was planning to insure my younger 4 month bun with PetPlan, but have been quoted £32.00 per month for just her... which seems very steep.

Thanks x
£32 a month? There must be a mistake!

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Thanks x

A few years ago I applied to PetPlan for one of my rabbits and the premium was almost £30 a month even then.
I am not surprised.

A London address will bump up the cost of any PetPlan premium - they say that vets in London cost more.
Not sure about that though!

A few years ago I applied to PetPlan for one of my rabbits and the premium was almost £30 a month even then.
I am not surprised.

A London address will bump up the cost of any PetPlan premium - they say that vets in London cost more.
Not sure about that though!
Yep, everything costs more here apparently [emoji38]

I am personally with pet plan, but I know many people have issues with them. thankfully I have been lucky.. Luna I pay £16 a month for and Orion.. £8? I'm not sure. I have the multipet so Orion is cheaper.

for Luna though £16 was the cheapest :( many were £20, 30 and some refused for her being blind. its kinda sucky, so pet plan was the reasonable price for her, and one of the only ones who would take her on.

I can't afford to pay out for vet bills, I don't own a credit card so I'm stuffed if something happens. with Snoopy I spent nights up worrying, panicking, as I couldn't afford his treatment. I couldn't even bring myself to buy a £3 cup of coffee in fear that I might need it for Snoopy. it did no good for my mental wellbeing at all. insurance at least gives me some peace of mind. like when Luna had to stay in overnight recently when she was sick, I imagine that was easily £500 or so, I don't sadly have that money.

I imagine Luna's will go up thought due to a few claims recently :( her dental in october and her stasis in december. we'll see. if it does it does, for me its worth it.

I've just done a PetPlan quote for Bigwig, would be £13.09 per month for us here in east yorkshire. My small pets all have a savings fund, but I think I'll get Bigwig insured while she is young and has a clean bill of health. My dog is with Tesco but they don't offer a plan for rabbits

Hi guys

Thanks for all your responses, and thanks MightyMax for double checking:love:. I actually triple checked recently.

I was hoping there had been a mistake.

I didn’t realise because I’m based in London. It’s great down here what with the cost of living/ housing, the stress of the tube etc :lol:

I need to have a think to decide what to do. PetPlan do look very good though

Hi guys

Thanks for all your responses, and thanks MightyMax for double checking:love:. I actually triple checked recently.

I didn’t realise because I’m based in London. It’s great down here what with the cost of living/ housing, the stress of the tube etc [emoji38]

Yeaaa I'm not so far in so mine was like 65£ a month I think for 4 buns, with multipet and a first year discount applied [emoji38] I didn't go for it.. But I feel like I should.. Idk I'm on the fence tbh [emoji38]

When I lived in SE4 I remember looking and prices were more, and SE13. I think it depends where you live, but I think it's a general rule that life's worse, and costs more here [emoji38] living costs are definitely higher, pay is too but not enough.. Idk I can't live any further out, but I looked into it, I'd be better off not living in a London Borough [emoji38]

Hi guys

I didn’t realise because I’m based in London. It’s great down here what with the cost of living/ housing, the stress of the tube etc :lol:

Yeah, like it's lovely living in London :roll:

You're welcome Zigzag. I asked PetPlan about it and they do seem to think vet costs here are higher. But the vets I have used have been mainly outside London because they have been more savvy with rabbits. So really .. bizarre .. huh!

I'm a bit late to this.

I recommend pet plan for your breed especially. They can be prone to dental issues and helpucover don't cover dental issues in the first 2 years. If they got dental issues in the first 2 years helpucover would never offer cover for anything dental related.

Pet plan however would offer cover after the initial 2 week cooling off period.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back