• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Fiver's Teeth - U/Date

I saw him eating hay earlier on from his normal hay, not the cut-up pieces, so I am very pleased. The Vets said to keep him indoors for 2 nights so I am now worrying about putting them back out tomorrow. They can't stay indoors really as my friend's rabbits are coming for a week soon.

As long as he's in an unheated room he should be OK. I would add additional bedding and insulation to his outdoor accomodation though and provide him with a snugglesafe.

I saw him eating hay earlier on from his normal hay, not the cut-up pieces, so I am very pleased. The Vets said to keep him indoors for 2 nights so I am now worrying about putting them back out tomorrow. They can't stay indoors really as my friend's rabbits are coming for a week soon.

What I usually do is keep the heating off and if I can, open a window in the room where the rabbits are so that it's not so cold when they go outside. If you've a garage or a shed that you can keep him monitored in, that would also be OK. Anything to prevent the very worst of the cold and nearer to you to be observed.

Very pleased with the hay eating!

Thank you for your concern. I tried to keep the room, my lounge, as cool as possible and of course it gets quite cold indoors overnight, so they are both back outside now and the Vet was very pleased with him. His gums look good, not sore, and no infection. I've put lots of hay in the bedroom part so they can snuggle in there if they feel cold. it's going to be very cold tonight apparently, down to -5 they said. Worry, worry, worry.

I'm glad the vet was pleased with Fiver. Yes, it is cold at night atm, but if he has another rabbit to snuggle plus the hay I bet he feels nice and toasty.

Thank you for your concern. I tried to keep the room, my lounge, as cool as possible and of course it gets quite cold indoors overnight, so they are both back outside now and the Vet was very pleased with him. His gums look good, not sore, and no infection. I've put lots of hay in the bedroom part so they can snuggle in there if they feel cold. it's going to be very cold tonight apparently, down to -5 they said. Worry, worry, worry.

Awww tonibun, trynot to worry too much.

He has recovered really well, and with a snuggle bun and lots of hay, he will be fine I'm sure :)

I forgot to mention they have a fleece blanket upstairs and another one down, and I have since thrown 2 fleece blankets right over their hutch. I love these fleeces!

Back