• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buttons back from her spay

k1984

Mama Doe
Little Buttons had her spay today. She was super brave (although I was a worrying, nervous wreak as to be expected!)..but has come home very quiet. Not eaten or pooped yet. She still seems quite wobbly/sleepy. I've giving her another 20mins/half hour...then I'm going to try and get some critical care down her.

Vibes please for my little girl would be very much appreciated :love: x
Untitled by Mrs M, on Flickr
Untitled by Mrs M, on Flickr

Sending loads of vibes for brave little buttons. Hope she has a comfortable night, warm and snugly and gets herself stuck into some yummy nomms in the morning.x

Aaaw. I've never put one of those suits on my buns after they have been spayed. Is it to stop her opening up her stitches? As someone who has been spayed myself Buttons has my sympathy. I couldn't eat afterwards either - all I could cope with was peppermint tea. I've always been surprised at how quickly female bunnies and female cats recover from a spay. Us humans have to wait six weeks before we can even drive.

At least she has come around from the GA and is home with you now. She does look sorry for herself though.

Lots and lots of vibes being sent her way xxxx

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts :love: I've taken her vest off and given her some critical care. I've never had a vest on a bun after an op (she just was discharged like that to ensure she wouldn't go for her stitches) but I've taken it off as she just wasn't liking it. Hoping this will make her feel more comfortable x

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts :love: I've taken her vest off and given her some critical care. I've never had a vest on a bun after an op (she just was discharged like that to ensure she wouldn't go for her stitches) but I've taken it off as she just wasn't liking it. Hoping this will make her feel more comfortable x

She looks sweet in her vest, but I can imagine she doesn't want to wear it!

I hope she continues to recover well :)

Buttons is soooo cute. She makes that vest look like it belongs in on the Paris fashion runway. My Madelyn is a lionhead too, and she enjoys having the bits of hay removed from her long fur.
Some bunnies, like my Heidi, take a little longer to recover from anesthesia. Glad she took the critical care. Me and my bunnies are sending Buttons lots of positive vibes for a full recovery.

Thank you again to everyone who has taken the time to write vibes and think about Buttons. Yesterday was quite a stressful day. She'd not eaten or pooped at all since coming home so I took her back to the vets at 9am. There the vet checked her glucose levels (which were ok) and took her temperature (which was low). She also felt for poop inside her bowels and could feel some and listened to her gut, which was moving, albeit slowly. She was given an injection of ranitidine and vomend and I was issued more critical care and fibreplex to give her at home (in addition to her pain relief that we took home with her when we picked her up on the previous day).

She was good as good in taking her critical care (fibreplex was more of a battle :lol: ) and I kept feeding her at frequent intervals throughout the day. I also moved one of the oil radiators into the bedroom (she's in one of the spare bedrooms upstairs) to warm her up.
Lots of trying to tempt with various veg, hays, herbs...then with the feeding of critical care....it was a very busy day!

By late last night we had some poops....and then by morning, many more. Today she's acting much more herself (rearranging the litter trays in her pen and digging the hay) and has had a fair bit of a nibble on the fresh veg and hay. Not into her pellets yet, but I'm so glad she's eating something!

What a worry, but I feel we're heading in the right direction now xx

Thank you again for all your thoughts. They mean a lot. x

Last edited:
Thank you again to everyone who has taken the time to write vibes and think about Buttons. Yesterday was quite a stressful day. She'd not eaten or pooped at all since coming home so I took her back to the vets at 9am. There the vet checked her glucose levels (which were ok) and took her temperature (which was low). She also felt for poop inside her bowels and could feel some and listened to her gut, which was moving, albeit slowly. She was given an injection of ranitidine and vomend and I was issued more critical care and fibreplex to give her at home (in addition to her pain relief that we took home with her when we picked her up on the previous day).

She was good as good in taking her critical care (fibreplex was more of a battle :lol: ) and I kept feeding her at frequent intervals throughout the day. I also moved one of the oil radiators into the bedroom (she's in one of the spare bedrooms upstairs) to warm her up.
Lots of trying to tempt with various veg, hays, herbs...then with the feeding of critical care....it was a very busy day!

By late last night we had some poops....and then by morning, many more. Today she's acting much more herself (rearranging the litter trays in her pen and digging the hay) and has had a fair bit of a nibble on the fresh veg and hay. Not into her pellets yet, but I'm so glad she's eating something!

What a worry, but I feel we're heading in the right direction now xx

Thank you again for all your thoughts. They mean a lot. x

So good to heat this :D

Bunnies are wonderful and beautiful and entertaining, but when you are waiting for them to get better it's just the pits!!

Back