• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buttons back from her spay

Oooh - that brings small tears of joys to my eyes - I am so happy for you and Buttons. They do like to make us worry on their behalf, but when things start to turn positive, it is a moment to be happy and relieved. Sending more vibes for the beautiful girl Buttons and I hope every day she eats more and feels more like her old self. A few more days of TLC and she'll be back to her normal self. And what a great job you;ve done nursing her. xx

Last edited:
Thank you again to everyone who has taken the time to write vibes and think about Buttons. Yesterday was quite a stressful day. She'd not eaten or pooped at all since coming home so I took her back to the vets at 9am. There the vet checked her glucose levels (which were ok) and took her temperature (which was low). She also felt for poop inside her bowels and could feel some and listened to her gut, which was moving, albeit slowly. She was given an injection of ranitidine and vomend and I was issued more critical care and fibreplex to give her at home (in addition to her pain relief that we took home with her when we picked her up on the previous day).

She was good as good in taking her critical care (fibreplex was more of a battle :lol: ) and I kept feeding her at frequent intervals throughout the day. I also moved one of the oil radiators into the bedroom (she's in one of the spare bedrooms upstairs) to warm her up.
Lots of trying to tempt with various veg, hays, herbs...then with the feeding of critical care....it was a very busy day!

By late last night we had some poops....and then by morning, many more. Today she's acting much more herself (rearranging the litter trays in her pen and digging the hay) and has had a fair bit of a nibble on the fresh veg and hay. Not into her pellets yet, but I'm so glad she's eating something!

What a worry, but I feel we're heading in the right direction now xx

Thank you again for all your thoughts. They mean a lot. x

You are doing a great job with Buttons and her accepting critical care is always a good sign; and poop must have looked like the crown jewels when you saw them for the first time.

Perhaps Buttons prefers the taste or texture of critical care to her pellets. Of course, she may just enjoy being pampered by her special person. Thankfully she is good taking the critical care well. When this happened with my Raven, I ground up some pellets and mixed it with the Critical Care to see if he still preferred it over the pellets. In a couple more days he went back to eating pellets. I heard (it never worked with my bunnies) some bunnies will also eat prepared critical care from a bowl.

Back