• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Evan did not survive

bunny momma

Wise Old Thumper
Evan was battling stasis since Wednesday morning. There were times, especially Friday afternoon, when I thought he would beat it again. On Friday and Saturday he passed a little bit of poo. He would sniff food and Sunday he even picked up a piece of dandelion green and took a couple bites while he was sitting next to my spouse getting pets. My spouse did not work yesterday evening or today; so he got a lot of hugs and rubs along with his medical care. In spite of around the clock care since Wednesday, he waited until both my spouse and I were away from him before he went to the bridge. He was in his area about a foot from his littermate's (Dash's) area when he passed. However, I don't think Dash realizes Evan is gone. I just showed him Evan's body and Dash gave it a couple licks like he was trying to wake him from a sleep.

Evan, I called you my cutie pututie because you were so little and adorable. When I first got you home I told you to stay little forever and you did exactly that. You always looked more like a baby bunny than a full grown lad with those tiny ears, round face, short round body and cute tail. You told me you were a handsome big boy bunny and it was embarrassing to have your bunny momma call you her adorable cutie pututie. I told you I could not help it because I never had such a sweet, adorable bunny. You loved to sit on me or papa and nap. You especially liked papa's warmth. You would sit quietly in one place until you needed to use the litter box.

On Tuesday evening you sat with me for a long time looking healthy and happy. You even gave me a couple licks/kisses and made a few light chatter's bunnies make when they are content. How I wish I kept you in my arms and never let you go home to eat your dandelions. You ate them right away and got a few more when you begged. That is the last time I went to sleep with a happy heart.

Evan, I am sorry I could not help you and that I did not know you would not be staying with me sooner so I could have stopped trying to help you get better and just enjoyed your sweetness. You will be my sweet, adorable cutie pututie, correction handsome bunny boy, forever. Your bunny momma, bunny papa, your littermate Dash who spent every day with you, Madelyn, and all your other bunny friends miss you already. You will always be in our hearts and minds. I don't know how I will face tomorrow without seeing you running to greet me. Love always.

Last edited:
Oh no, my heart sank when I saw this :cry: I’m so very sad that he has gone :cry:

It comes across very clearly from your posts what good intuitive care you give your rabbits, I’m so sorry he couldn’t recover. He will have known just how much you loved and cared for him :love:

I’m thinking of you and sending strength and hugs xx

Binky free Evan xx

Evan was battling stasis since Wednesday morning. There were times, especially Friday afternoon, when I thought he would beat it again. On Friday and Saturday he passed a little bit of poo. He would sniff food and Sunday he even picked up a piece of dandelion green and took a couple bites while he was sitting next to my spouse getting pets. My spouse did not work yesterday evening or today; so he got a lot of hugs and rubs along with his medical care. In spite of around the clock care since Wednesday, he waited until both my spouse and I were away from him before he went to the bridge. He was in his area about a foot from his littermate's (Dash's) area when he passed. However, I don't think Dash realizes Evan is gone. I just showed him Evan's body and Dash gave it a couple licks like he was trying to wake him from a sleep.

Evan, I called you my cutie pututie because you were so little and adorable. When I first got you home I told you to stay little forever and you did exactly that. You always looked more like a baby bunny than a full grown lad with those tiny ears, round face, short round body and cute tail. You told me you were a handsome big boy bunny and it was embarrassing to have your bunny momma call you her adorable cutie pututie. I told you I could not help it because I never had such a sweet, adorable bunny. You loved to sit on me or papa and nap. You especially liked papa's warmth. You would sit quietly in one place until you needed to use the litter box.

On Tuesday evening you sat with me for a long time looking healthy and happy. You even gave me a couple licks/kisses and made a few light chatter's bunnies make when they are content. How I wish I kept you in my arms and never let you go home to eat your dandelions. You ate them right away and got a few more when you begged. That is the last time I went to sleep with a happy heart.

Evan, I am sorry I could not help you and that I did not know you would not be staying with me sooner so I could have stopped trying to help you get better and just enjoyed your sweetness. You will be my sweet, adorable cutie pututie, correction handsome bunny boy, forever. Your bunny momma, bunny papa, your littermate Dash who spent every day with you, Madelyn, and all your other bunny friends miss you already. You will always be in our hearts and minds. I don't know how I will face tomorrow without seeing you running to greet me. Love always.

Oh T ....................... :cry:

I will now go and light The Inspector's special candle to pay tribute to your brave, brave boy Evan. I am also sending you hugs of support and friendship. We may be separated by thousands of miles, but our lives appear to have had quite a lot in common. I consider you to be one of my very special cyber friends and I only wish I could take away the hurt you are currently feeling :cry:

RIP Evan xx

I am so sorry to hear of this sad news. Evan was such a wonderful rabbit - small in build, huge in heart and soul. You did all you could for him and gave him such a wonderful happy life free from worries and safe from harm. Binky free Beautiful Evan - the rabbit with a huge soul and a big heart xx

Back