• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Male bunny chasing new female one

Hi Folks. Yesterday Jasper my Continental met a new friend at the animal sanctuary. It was”love at first sight” whilst there. Once we were home, it all went well at first. She groomed him lots, they lay together and ate together. Then he started chasing her for no apparent reason. No nastiness or biting and not continuously. Next thing they nuzzle and then go to opposite ends of the pen. She is young and he is acting like a grumpy, old man. They are in a small, neutralised area. Am I worrying unduly? Thanks.

Chasing is normal for a few days as long as it doesn't lead to fighting. Hope thy both settle down soon.

We had similar behaviour when bonding a nearly 8 year old buck with a 3 month old doe. She easily managed to run away each time and he soon tired of trying. I think as long as the doe can find somewhere to run to, then it should quite quickly settle down. I hope it does.

Back