• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I know the answer but....

TheThreeB's

Mama Doe
Hi all,

Overnight my cute fluffy little girls have turned into devil's :shock:

We're around a month away from being able to spay them (6 months, right?). I'm guessing hormones have kicked in!

I was giving them some fuss as always this morning and one of them lashed out and made a deep scratch on my hand and then tried again not long after. They then started chasing each other!

:( x

Hi all,

Overnight my cute fluffy little girls have turned into devil's :shock:

We're around a month away from being able to spay them (6 months, right?). I'm guessing hormones have kicked in!

I was giving them some fuss as always this morning and one of them lashed out and made a deep scratch on my hand and then tried again not long after. They then started chasing each other!

:( x

Oh dear :cry: some vets will spay earlier depending on development and weight so it might be possible to have them done ASAP to avoid having to split them up, if you ask your vet. But they will need watching carefully in the meantime. I had a pair of girls once, who started chasing and fur pulling when hormones kicked in, I had them spayed at 5 months I think and managed to keep them together.

Good luck, sending calming vibes xx

Thanks Zoobec, I might have to ask. Could have done with getting Christmas out the way first though :?

I don't know if they'll keep starting on one another now or whether what happened and me shouting in pain was the only trigger. Tbh long term I think we will be splitting them up as we have Spud inside who's in need of a friend. I'm just counting down the weeks from the boys neuters x

Do I remember you saying they share with a boy, with a partition down the middle? I may have got confuse :roll:

Right! Referred aggression and all that. Bunnies do like to make our lives difficult don't they?

I agree with tonibun regarding the referred aggression possibility.

Just to say also we tried very hard to let Tui get to 6 months, but she was so hormonal at just over 5 and it didn't let up, so that's when she was done. Also immediately afterwards it was as though a switch had been switched off and all the hormonal behaviours ceased.

I think, although the timing's not ideal, sometimes it's a case of doing something for the best now to help matters in the future i.e you will need to consider any impact on bonding attempts.

Thanks for the replies.

Think I've got myself in a bit of a muddle really :? :oops: We're looking at end of Jan / beginning of Feb before the boys are ready, so could potentially get the girls done early Jan!

In the meantime though, if things continue then I have a problem. Would I have to take Loki out of the shed (and put him idk where!)? Would this solve the referred aggression? Do you think the two girls would then get on with him no longer there, or are they likely to fall out with one another anyway due to hormones? With him out I could potentially divide the girls from each other, I guess!

Thanks x

Last edited:
The girls won't necessarily fall out if on their own. I have a pair of sisters now aged 8 who are fine, so yes, the answer would be to remove the boy.

The girls won't necessarily fall out if on their own. I have a pair of sisters now aged 8 who are fine, so yes, the answer would be to remove the boy.

Thanks tb. Things have been settled since yesterday's incident, thankfully. But I have a plan to clear out my playhouse that's currently used as storage and pop him in there if there's any more of it x

Back