• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mega Vibes for Nancy tomorrow please Update 18.12.18 p53*

This was yesterday evening. [emoji173]
553db8b79fef716164dfcc159c4bde1b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Neat and clean wound.

I hope she begins to eat a bit more and starts getting back to normal.

When will you have the C&S results?

I agree with others in that the wound looks good. It does look extremely similar to when Tan had a similar operation on her cheek. She also had the whole capsule removed and had no recurrence of the problem. I think you will be surprised at how quickly the wound will start to look better.

Sending the brave and lovely Nancy loads of feel better soon vibes.

Today's update.

I'm quite down after the vet check. Although he was pleased with how the wound is looking and that the abscess site is dry, I was concerned about her eye as it looked a bit mucky. We had tried to bathe it as she's not grooming that side and Dr Will is not being very attentive. Vet put some fluorescent dye in her eye and poor Nancy has an ulcer:cry:. - possibly a side effect of the abscess. So we now have eye drops and another check up on Thursday.

She had lost a little weight since last Thursday but not enough to cause concern.

Vet hopes to get the lab results tomorrow and will call me if we need to change her meds. He also explained potential problems with the lower teeth now that two top ones are no longer there.

On a more cheerful note, she's eating very well today.:thumb:

Glad to hear Nancy is eating more postively and the wound does look amazingly neat and very healthy. It is frustrating that she now has an ulcer - but they can heal and respond quickly to treatment and the fact you caught it quickly is a great positive. Sending more healing vibes for Nancy. xx

Today's update.

I'm quite down after the vet check. Although he was pleased with how the wound is looking and that the abscess site is dry, I was concerned about her eye as it looked a bit mucky. We had tried to bathe it as she's not grooming that side and Dr Will is not being very attentive. Vet put some fluorescent dye in her eye and poor Nancy has an ulcer:cry:. - possibly a side effect of the abscess. So we now have eye drops and another check up on Thursday.

She had lost a little weight since last Thursday but not enough to cause concern.

Vet hopes to get the lab results tomorrow and will call me if we need to change her meds. He also explained potential problems with the lower teeth now that two top ones are no longer there.

I hope that her eye ulcer responds well to treatment. It's good news that there is no sign of the abscess area re-filling again and that the wound is nice and dry. Sending lots more vibes for her xx

Today's update.

I'm glad to hear you are seeing the positives, but I know how worrying these things are.
An eye ulcer as well as an abscess - poor wee girlie and poor you Den.

I hope the lab results show she is on the right antibiotic and that her eye ulcer clears up soon. x

Back at the vets for another check up.

Wound and abscess site all looking good, but the lab tests are back and we've got another antibiotic to use alongside the Baytril. This one is called Metronidazole.

Not so good on the eye ulcer - am starting a thread in health.

Abscess update - yesterday Nancy's wound was a little weepy. Vet took the scab off and there was a bit of pus. He thinks it may be because the additional anti biotic was started late. He said the tissue underneath looked healthy and there was no evidence of the abscess reforming at the moment.

The wound is now left open, to be bathed twice a day with cooled,boiled salt water and then packed with Manuka honey.

Another check up Thursday.

Despite all this she is still eating well and has put her pre op weight back on.

I’m glad she is eating well. Fingers crossed that this will help clear it up for her. Topping up the vibes xx

Abscess update - yesterday Nancy's wound was a little weepy. Vet took the scab off and there was a bit of pus. He thinks it may be because the additional anti biotic was started late. He said the tissue underneath looked healthy and there was no evidence of the abscess reforming at the moment.

The wound is now left open, to be bathed twice a day with cooled,boiled salt water and then packed with Manuka honey.

Despite all this she is still eating well and has put her pre op weight back on.

Grrrrrrr, damn abscesses :evil:

I hope that the daily flushing an Manuka Honey will bring about a good improvement. Sending lots more vibes for her xx

Good news that you and your vet are on top of this abscess.

Good luck with all the flushing and packing. It works!

Sending more vibes for Nancy and delighted she is back to a good weight and a return to appetite. I hope the new antibiotics get to work on the infection and great that your vet is on the ball. Xx

Back